function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan NorfleetDan Norfleet 

Picklist Question - New Value Contention?

Just want to double check with the experts of the community.  If i add a new picklist value (for example add new 'Cancel' status to an Order), will this cause contention with active users?  For example if someone is within an order at the same time I add new value to Picklist - could it effect the user's experience?  I didn't see anything on Salesforce that indicated it will, but thought I would check.  We can schedule these changes in off-hours, but just want to make sure clear on our options.

Thanks for the help.

Dan
Best Answer chosen by Dan Norfleet
Vyankatesh ChoulwarVyankatesh Choulwar
Hi Dan,

If the user is already on page at the time picklist value is getting added then he will not be able to see that value in picklist unless he refreshes page. If he saves record it will get saved without an issue And next time when he opens same page he will be able to see that value.

Hope this answer helps to resolve your query.
Please mark as best answer if it really solved your query.

Regards,
Vyankatesh

All Answers

HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
Once you add the new value from object detail page, it will available on page layout once user refreshes the page.
Dan NorfleetDan Norfleet
Harshil, thank you for your response

Just to clarify, if the user is saving an Order at the same time the Pick List is changed, it will not effect the user experience at all.  They will be able to submit the current order successfully then the next order will have the new pick list value?

Dan
Vyankatesh ChoulwarVyankatesh Choulwar
Hi Dan,

If the user is already on page at the time picklist value is getting added then he will not be able to see that value in picklist unless he refreshes page. If he saves record it will get saved without an issue And next time when he opens same page he will be able to see that value.

Hope this answer helps to resolve your query.
Please mark as best answer if it really solved your query.

Regards,
Vyankatesh
This was selected as the best answer