function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hiran Bhatt 6Hiran Bhatt 6 

Data Modeling - Understand Custom & Standard Object

I think there is a glitch in the in structions on the first activity. # 6 says, "Check the box for Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object."  However, you cannot check the box afterwards as the box disappears once you save the custom object and you cannot go back and edit it. Please help if you know how I can undo this or if there is a place I can go back and check the box. It is messing up the challenge and I cannot proceed without doing this step. Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Hiran Bhatt 6
Anne, I think someone reset my module cause I was able to start from scratch and I could see the Properties tab under more this time.

All Answers

Anne InfeldAnne Infeld
I am having the same issue.  I created the object but it is not accessible via the app "Sales" and I think this is because I could not run the new custom tab wizard.  Is there a workaround for this?  I cannot figure out how to let the app have access to this object.
Anne InfeldAnne Infeld
Hiran, I added a new tab and it worked.  See https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F00000008mSoIAI
Hi Anne, thank you so much for your replies! HOw did you add the tab and did the module hold this against your challenge points?
Anne, I think someone reset my module cause I was able to start from scratch and I could see the Properties tab under more this time.
This was selected as the best answer
Anne InfeldAnne Infeld
Glad you got it to work.  I think the Challenge just cared about the end result - so it was fine. Tab was in Setup under User Interface.