function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nico WrennNico Wrenn 

Tips for troubleshooting headless flows

Hello, I have been reciving more business requrements that require me to buid Flows lately and I need some tips from you experts :)
Right now I am entirely focused on flows that do not have screens and are launched by Process Builder.

The two main things I want to figure out are:
1) First and foremost, how can I have my flow send me an email at a given step to show me what the current variable values are? For example, I have a decision element and while testing, my flow is taking the action that the "No" side of the decision leads to when I want it to be taking the other action and I can't figure out why it's doing what it's doing. If I could have the flow send me an email to show me what the result of the decision element was and what the variable values were right then, that would really help me troubleshoot.
2) How can I customize the flow errors so that if my flow does generate an error message it's better than "An unhandled fault has occured..."
3) When referencing a record ID in visual workflow, does it matter if you use a 15 or 18-digit ID?
4) What resources can you direct me to that can help me learn and practice visual workflow? I have done some trailhead, but already completed the "Process Automation" badge, which mostly covers flows with screens.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Akhilesh Reddy BaddigamAkhilesh Reddy Baddigam
HI Nico, Rakesh Guptha AKA Automation Champion (https://automationchampion.com/learning-flow/) is the place to go for flows, process builder hope this helps out.

Thank you!