function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Debra UDebra U 

how to upload image in lightning

Hello all -

In the Create & Customize Lightning Apps trailhead module, I'm stuck at the point where you download an image to the lightning app that was created.  Do I just go to the internet and choose an image to use or is there a library of images in salesforce to choose from?  Please advise and thanks if anyone can direct me.
Best Answer chosen by Debra U
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Debra,

There are some specific trailhead challenges for which you have to download the images from the given Salesforce trailhead libraries.

But, for this particular unit you can choose the image of your choice but make sure your image will be of JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF which will be smaller than 5MB.

Note: Images larger than the maximum display of 128 by 128 pixels are automatically resized.

Please refer to below screenshot which confirms the same:
User-added image
Hope this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Debra,

There are some specific trailhead challenges for which you have to download the images from the given Salesforce trailhead libraries.

But, for this particular unit you can choose the image of your choice but make sure your image will be of JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF which will be smaller than 5MB.

Note: Images larger than the maximum display of 128 by 128 pixels are automatically resized.

Please refer to below screenshot which confirms the same:
User-added image
Hope this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
Debra UDebra U
@Nagrenda - thank you so much for your response and explanation!  I greatly appreciate it!  Have a great day!