function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric SchmeisserEric Schmeisser 

Visualizing your Data with Dashboards and Charts in Reports and Dashboards Trail

Hello,

I am trying to complete the Visualizing Your Data with Dashboards and Charts module for the Reports and Dashboards Trail, and I keep getting this error below even though my Dashboard has all the criteria required. 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
One or more of the following is incomplete in the Dashboard: no component uses the 'Cases by Status' report as a source report, your component does not have a 'Cases by Status' header, and/or your component does not have a 'New vs Closed' title.

Below is a screenshot of the dashboard I have created in my Trailhead Playground. 

User-added image
Can anyone help me out here so I can complete this Trail?

Best,

Eric Schmeisser
Best Answer chosen by Eric Schmeisser
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Hi Eric, 

Please confirm your configuration with the below screenshots for both report and dashboard.

User-added image

User-added image

if this solved your issue please select this as a best answer.
Happy to Help . 

All Answers

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Hi Eric, 

Please confirm your configuration with the below screenshots for both report and dashboard.

User-added image

User-added image

if this solved your issue please select this as a best answer.
Happy to Help . 
This was selected as the best answer
Eric SchmeisserEric Schmeisser
Thank you very much. To follow up, I'm not sure why it worked now. I had created two other playgrounds and when I tried the same process again in another new playground, it finally worked. 

If anyone runs into the same problem, I would suggest creating a new playground. One of them will recognize the report and dashboard you created.
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
This video shows the solution to this challenge. => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrftWUwDfE
LorenzoLorenzo
I have a problem, i can't save the report with the true name becausa is the second time that i try to make "Cases by status"..help me!! the report and dashboard is correct like the picture above.
philip sarullophilip sarullo
i am on this same module - i'm having a different issue. everything is working except when i am choosing the chart version i want pie is not an option. what am i doing wrong?

i was thinking it has to be with the report - maybe there is something im missing to not have that option - im not sure and excited to here about it.
philip sarullophilip sarullo
here are my options within for type of chart
pie is not an option
Jim Lynch 5Jim Lynch 5
If you started in Lightning, rename your 'Cases Dashboard' to something like 'Broken Cases Dashboard', and then switch to Classic.  Create a new dashboard in Classic and redo the dashboard section of the challenge in Classic (where they do have a pie chart).  Once you have finished the steps for the challenge, switch back to Lightning, launch your dashboard and even though it will now appear as a donut, it should pass the challenge.  Clean up by deleting the 'Broken Cases Dashboard'...
Vivek Hari 6Vivek Hari 6
Jim's suggestion helped me. I did start in classic and created the dashboard, but TH got stuck at ' this dashboard does not use a pie chart' message even though my dashboard had a pie chart. I switched into lightning and then clicked on verify challenge, it worked.. :) Thanks Jim
Lauren HerreraLauren Herrera
On my lightning version I do not have the chart listed in this picture, the bottom row far right is not in my version. It looks different than this and what is in the trailhead. Why is that? When I choose the one that looks the most similar it says Beta, and it's not availabe yet.
User-added image
Chris AhernChris Ahern
I am working on Visualize Your Data with Dashboards and Charts - Embedded Charts.  How do I access the "Case Layout" section shown in the instructions?  Thank you.
Taylor Higgins 19Taylor Higgins 19
Hello,

Running into a similar issue with this error as above:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
One or more of the following is incomplete in the Dashboard: no component uses the 'Cases by Status' report as a source report, your component does not have a 'Cases by Status' header, and/or your component does not have a 'New vs Closed' title.

User-added image
I have done this twice now and cant figure out whats wrong.