function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc 

is it possible to fetch the contact owner name based on contact email address

HI,

i have a lookup to contact on a standard table,so when i populate the contact email address on lookup search,i need to get the contact.owner.name is it possible?

Thanks!
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Yes, it's possible through search layout customization.

1. Name->Setup
2. From App Setup click on Customize
3. Select Contact and expand it
4. Click on Search Layouts there you will see Look Dialogs
5. click on Edit and include the columns you want.( like Owner FirstName as per your requirement )

very simple, isn't it!

let me know if you need more help...
Regards,
Lokesh
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
Lokesh,

Its not working,let me brief you more,on a lookup if you search with any  contact email address,that has to fetch the contact.owner.Name,so how can we achieve this,its just adding the columns on lookup what you said above.any idea?
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
ok, can you please clear me you are trying to store owner name by searching with Email Id to your record.

Thanks !
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
yes,for example,one of my contact email address is test@sfdc.com,and contact.firstname = 'john' & contact.lastname = 'smith',on my standard object,i have a lookup to contact.so when you search the lookup with the above email address 'test@sfdc.com',its has to result Johhn,smith as the result.but its not happening?
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
Lokesh,

Thanks i resolved the issue.
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Cool !!!
i about to reply that the owner is a user record that can not be mapped to contact lokkup. can you please share your workaround here.

Thanks !
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
Enable search settings,so you can search all the fields on lookup!
Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
great !!