function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Walter RolleWalter Rolle 

Cannot change user email

When I update a user's email, no email is sent to the new address, and the old email remains. The only way to change an email is to deactivate the user and create a new user. How can I change the email for an existing user?
Vivian Charlie 1208Vivian Charlie 1208

Hi Walter,

• Go to Setup->Administer->Email Administration->Deliverability and check that the Access Level is either All Emails | System Emails Only
  • If yes and you still do not receive the password reset email, try a different email address for the new email (sometimes organization email servers setup strict filters preventing email that maybe considered as spam)

Thanks

Vivian

Walter RolleWalter Rolle
I confirmed access level is all emails. I also did an email test to the address I'm testing and there are no spam blocking issues. All I did was go to the user, change the email, and click save. The email change is not saved. The user does not get an email. Do I need to do this in conjunction with a password reset?
Vivian Charlie 1208Vivian Charlie 1208

Walter,

Ideally that should have happened, even I have faced this issue a couple of times. Even salesforce help suggests the same steps for updating email for active users

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Changing-user-email-addresses&type=1

Please try setting Generate new password and notify user immediately as true for the user and let us verify the results.

Thanks

Vivian

SimplySfdcSimplySfdc
1. Make sure the user is Active
2. Trace if any email send out related to this from Email Log Files
Admin User 8587Admin User 8587
I'm running into this as well - I've done all of the above, including checking whether email were sent and delivered, to no avail. Is this something you *must* reach to support to when you're trying to change the email address of the one and only user in the instance?
Chris Mann 14Chris Mann 14
Also encountering this issue, but employees in the same office are receiving the emails. Did anyone ever figure out a fix?
Vickie YurcheshenVickie Yurcheshen
I found the answer in another chain.
Under EDIT USER update the email address & at the very bottom check the box for 'Generate new password and notify user immediately' to update the email without confirmation needed first.

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hWPaAAM