function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jon SJon S 

formula to auto populate lookup based off picklist

I've been asked to update an Opportunity lookup field (looks up Custom Object "Threshold") based on 3 Opportunity picklist values (they are also dependant picklists) with a Threshold record id that matches those 3 picklist values. 

Opportunity picklist fields:
a1. Market
b1. Vertical
c1. Segment

Threshold fields:
a2. Market (Custom Field)
b2. Record Type
c2. Segment (Standard Name Field)

Conceptual plan:
When a1,b1,c1  are selected, update lookup to Threshold with Threshold record that matches a2,b2,c2 to a1,b1,c1

I am thinking on using process builder to set the criteria which covers {a1,b1,c1 are selected} I am stuck finding a way to create a formula that pulls the record based on matching the Opportunity picklist values.

Thanks in advance!
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Jon,

You won't be able to do that with process builder alone. You will need a combination of process builder and flows to achieve this. The logic to populate the lookup based on picklist selection will be a part of your flow and not the process builder.
Jon SJon S
Hi Akhil,

I do not want to use flows since I do not want the users to input more information. I was thinking about setting up the criteria through process builder and then the cirteria is met then use apex to perform a function like update the lookup with the matching record.