function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott BradyScott Brady 

Unable to send emails to an email service within a sandbox

Hi All,

On 5/26/2017 I had created an email service within a new sandbox to test an email handler - everything was working just fine on that date. Then on 5/29/2017 I was no longer able to email the sandbox, receiving this error:

dhtest2@7g5j57uejkh4vt0bibcq1xco2hws8etoi9fuw21zizsshsahg.s-3l1wvmak.cs1.apex.sandbox.salesforce.com (dhtest2@7g5j57uejkh4vt0bibcq1xco2hws8etoi9fuw21zizsshsahg.s-3l1wvmak.cs1.apex.sandbox.salesforce.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.
Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their domain isn't properly registered at their domain registrar. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: BY2PR11MB0613.namprd11.prod.outlook.com
dhtest2@7g5j57uejkh4vt0bibcq1xco2hws8etoi9fuw21zizsshsahg.s-3l1wvmak.cs1.apex.sandbox.salesforce.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.4.310 DNS domain does not exist [Message=InfoDomainNonexistent] [LastAttemptedServerName=7g5j57uejkh4vt0bibcq1xco2hws8etoi9fuw21zizsshsahg.s-3l1wvmak.cs1.apex.sandbox.salesforce.com] [CO1NAM03FT010.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could this be at all related to our internal network? We didn't change antyhing..  Or does this seem like a Salesforce issue? I am surprised that within 3 days it worked and then stopped working.  Anyone have any idea or perhaps has experienced this problem before in their instance?

I reached out to support but was told that email services are a developer issue, not something support can offer assistance with (even though it's a standard functionality).  Last bit of info - no matter what I use for the apex class associated with the email service, i cannot send any emails into the sandbox.  All Email is also enabled within the sandbox.

Best Answer chosen by Scott Brady
Gordon EngelGordon Engel
This is fixed now.  Salesforce messed up some DNS configuration.  We fixed it this morning.

Reference: W-4036708

All Answers

Gordon EngelGordon Engel
This is fixed now.  Salesforce messed up some DNS configuration.  We fixed it this morning.

Reference: W-4036708

This was selected as the best answer
Scott BradyScott Brady
Thank you very much, Gordon.  May i ask how you were aware of this or were notified of the update?  I was never notified nor did Salesforce accept that their may be an issue on their side - I was kind of just shoo'd away by support under the pretense that my request was "out of scope" as they do not offer support for email services...  It is indeed working though :)
Gordon EngelGordon Engel
I work for Salesforce. I found another customer that reported he same issue.

I honestly can't speak for how Salesforce Support determines which issues they will accept.  Clearly another customer reported the same issue and it got escalated to the right team in R&D to investigate and fix it.  It's probably based on the contractual commitments.
Francis CrumpFrancis Crump
Glad it worked for you Gordon, it still doesn't seem to be working for me in advanced approvals email approval/rejection.  If I find a workaround solution I will report it here.
Gordon EngelGordon Engel
DNS configurations get updated from time-to-time, and there could be a new problem.  I'd suggest opening a case with Salesforce Support if you can do so.  Otherwise, please post more details about your specific issue.