function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Don Sullivan 11Don Sullivan 11 

Communities Rollout Strategy - Create Sharing Rules

I'm having all sorts of problems trying to complete the challenge for the sharing rules section of this module. I feel like I have everything setup properly but still get this error message:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Sharing Set is not setup with proper Case access. Please check the requirements.

Sharing set name is "Share cases with customers"
Applies to Profiles: Customer Community User
Access Granted: Case - User:Account = Case:Account - Read/Write

What am I missing

Best Answer chosen by Don Sullivan 11
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Don,

It is most likely an org issue. Did you try in a completely new Dev org? That has fixed a lot of problems for me in the past. Also, you sharing set should be configured like this:
User-added imageUser-added image

As shown in the screen shot please change your mapping as below.

Access Mapping for Case is 
User:Account = Case:Account.

This will definitely help you to surpass the challenge.

Please mark this as best answer if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P 

All Answers

Taylor G. DrokeTaylor G. Droke
I'm having the same problem, Don. I can't seem to straighten it out either! I have tried deleting and recreating the sharing set, too.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Don,

It is most likely an org issue. Did you try in a completely new Dev org? That has fixed a lot of problems for me in the past. Also, you sharing set should be configured like this:
User-added imageUser-added image

As shown in the screen shot please change your mapping as below.

Access Mapping for Case is 
User:Account = Case:Account.

This will definitely help you to surpass the challenge.

Please mark this as best answer if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P 

This was selected as the best answer
This did the trick. Thanks for the feedback, Nagendra!!

victorng8victorng8
I configured the sharing settings exactly like the best answer but I still got the same error..

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Sharing Set is not setup with proper Case access. Please check the requirements.

I don't wanna create a new Dev Org just to solve this.

But if anyone can tell me other solutions, do tell me. 
Below is my sharing settings for case :

User-added image

Ghanshyam Yadav 44Ghanshyam Yadav 44
Hi Friends, i am getting below error in this challange:
The "Customer Community User" for the contact "Edna Frank" is not created properly.
Friends, i solved this challenge.....
Ghanshyam - Did you solve this without having to create a new dev org?  I setup a new dev org and it worked just fine, but I'm curious to know if you found another way around this issue that didn't necessitate setting up a new dev org.
Yes, Don
victorng8victorng8
Ghanshyam - It is not good enough to say you solved the challenge. Tell us how you did it.
We want to see if your solution works for us and if the way you solved it works for a particular set up you did.
Michelle Ng 8Michelle Ng 8
Another thing I did to successfully complete this challenge was delete the original sharing set I created and create a new one instead of creating a new dev org. I set the Configure Access mapping User:Contact.Account = Case:Account and saved. When I checked the answer it worked this time. The challenge is misleading as it tells users to map it as User.Account = Case:Account which is marked wrong. 
Julie WorkmanJulie Workman
My issue appears to be that I had no cases other than Edna's in my org. 

*Noting, as Michelle Ng stated-- the Access Determined By configuration I successfully used was User:Contact.Account = Case:Account (not User.Account = Case:Account). 

I stepped through each requirement several times, and was working in a new, clean dev org just for this unit. I validated my solution within my dev org by logging into the portal as Edna. All looked fine and I could see my/Edna's cases. The Trailhead validation was still failing. I realized that I had an entirely clean (no sample data) dev org for this. So I created another Case belonging to a different Contact... and, for some reason, after that step, the validation succeeded. I would note that anyone experiencing frustration with this Create Sharing Rules unit is in good company :) 
Sunmisola Sanusi-TowolawiSunmisola Sanusi-Towolawi
I just cant get past the role thing, I have tried changing the role over and over agin. I'm still stuck.
When I click on "User License" to pick "Customer Community" and Profile "Customer Community User," the "Role" is greyed out but red because a role needs to be picked.
User-added image
Penny HammondPenny Hammond
Completed this one after some confusion. Had the same settings as Nagendra, but when I created the community user I was having trouble finding the "Customer Community User" profile. Had to change the User License to Customer Community to see the correct profile, then could check it worked like Julie mentioned above, and completed the challenge.

Note I also tried to complete the challenge in a couple other more-recently-created-therefore-cleaner dev orgs, but for both of them the only object available for sharing was User. Luckily I worked out what to do in my original org; don't know what would have made Cases appear in the other orgs.
victorng8victorng8
@Sunmisola Sanusi-Towolawi What a freaking long name you have. 
If you read the trailhead challenge description again it says:
Community members who access the Cloud Kicks community using a Customer Community License have a much more limited level of access to the community’s objects compared to other community license holders and Salesforce internal org users.

Why? Because these license holders do not have roles within Salesforce, so they can’t take advantage of role-based sharing.
So greying out the role is expected.

victorng8victorng8

@Michelle Ng 8 & Julie Workman 

Yes the mapping was already included Nagendra's screenshot. And I've tried all your solutions but it didn't work for me =/.
Is it possible you include screenshots of all the necessary things you did? Haha nvm. I'll just skip this challenge.

Stas Christiansen 15Stas Christiansen 15
@victong8 I would try to set both of your Case permissions(external AND internal) to Private. This worked for me after a lot of confusion.
victorng8victorng8
@Stas Christiansen 15 . Thx. Tried it still can't work.
Nadia Hsu 6Nadia Hsu 6
I'm having the same problem! I completed all the steps following the instructions carefully, but I'm still getting red. With all the other challenges I've completed, there was always an explanation of what was incorrect or missing, but not with this one. It just tells you that you failed. The one thing I noticed is that the "Customer Community User Profile" is NOT available in the "Sharing Set Edit" window. The one that is available is called "Customer Community Login Use". This might be casing the problem. Does anyone know how to make "Customer Community User Profile" available? Thank you!
Nadia Hsu 6Nadia Hsu 6
Okay, after posting my first comment, I went ahead and sign up for a new dev org as some of you suggested. After I did, the "Customer Community User Profile" appear as an option on the picklist in the "Sharing Set Edit" window. I repeated the steps and completed the challenge. However, there should be a way to make that profile available in the existing org, so you don't have to sign up for a new one. 
Mike Bucci 6Mike Bucci 6
I have also hit a wall with this one.  I can't even get it to show Cases as an object that can be selected.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User-added image

Chris Cutlip SFDCChris Cutlip SFDC
@Mike Bucci, in order for cases to show up as an objec to select, cases must have private external sharing set up.

​First, set up the external sharing model with Case set to private. 
John Veach 2John Veach 2
Hey All - I know I'm late to the game on this one but the solution offered above by 
Julie Workman solved the problem for me.  Just wanted to pass this along.
Maarten MeijerMaarten Meijer
@Chris Cutlip SFDC Thanks, that did the trick. Took me some time to wonder why but I got it now. 
Mia NyforsMia Nyfors
Thanks @Nagendra!! That was the only thing that helped. Everything was identical in my old DE org as in the fresh one I created but the error message did just keep on coming.
Mark Brown 33Mark Brown 33
I had the same prolem as the OP. I tried all the solutions given and nothing worked. I couldn't assign Customer Community User instead of Customer Community Login User as that didn't exist. Then I saw someone suggest deleting the original sharing set and recreating it. So I did that and sudenly Customer Community User was one of the options. I then also set User:Contact.Account = Case:Account not what the challeng stated and I got my 500 points. An hour of my life I'm not getting back :(
Monica Westbrook 5Monica Westbrook 5
Obviously, some of you have completed this challenge. I can't find where anyone solved for the fact that the Role field is not available. I've tried both Customer Community User and Customer Community Login User, and neither provides the Role field. It's not even visible. Everything else seems to be working.
Samantha Smith 7Samantha Smith 7
@monica westbrook 5, I am having the same issue, I have tried to add it to the page layout and it is still not coming up. Maybe try that or if you figure it out let me know. 
DimaDima
In my case it also required having another case in the org, for a different contact and account, not the same as Edna's account.
Access Determined By should be   User:Contact.Account = Case:Account
This thing was meant to take 30 minutes! facepam
Kelly CunnaneKelly Cunnane
AH! after about 3 hours of working on this I finally figured it out..... but honestly I did so many random steps I mght have forgot some...
I will try to explain this really simply but sorry if its still confusing.. 

I went to the sharing set
clicked 'edit' 
User-added image
made it look like that.
THEN I HAD TO GO TO "SHARE GROUP SETTINGS" which is RIGHT NEXT TO SHARING SET SETTINGS
clicked 'edit'

User-added image
made it look like that.

ugh
Dave LehnenDave Lehnen
I too got the message: "The Sharing Set is not setup with proper Case access. Please check the requirements." but eventually figured out that my original sharing set which I had created during the walkthrough had not let me pick "Customer Community User" in the "Selected Profiles" section of new sharing set I was creating for the challenge. I mistakenly had "Customer Community Login User" and that was completely wrong. so i deleted the old sharing set and was able to pick the right one ("Customer Community User") for the challenge.
Greg McAteer 9Greg McAteer 9
@Kelly, that was the solution for me. Thanks!
Anna SeredynAnna Seredyn
I got the message: here's what's wrong: The "Customer Community User" for the contact "Edna Frank" is not created properly. Because of licence, i can't change profile to customer community user. But when I try to change licence, I got a message: "cannot upgrade from or downgrade to LPU". What is wrong?
User-added image

Thomas HThomas H

I am stumped on this one :/     Help )

-- and after tackling 121 : 159 Trails / Modules ... keeping up with the evoluation of the configuration screens
and nuances is very challenging -- but the learnings with "digging into the topic" is very useful;  but much too time consuming. 
> Big THX to Salesforce for offering this great Developer program.

User-added image

Deleting custom objects and creating more Developer Orgs (after 7)  - the answer can't be just to set up another clean Org. Suggestions ? 
> That just seems like side stepping / a bandaid for a larger issue ?

Screens attached ... 
1) I have read / implemented all the above thread information       > THX < 
2)   Really thorough step-by-step YouTube Video       - See possible issue and comments at time stamp 2:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWEwV8yJbEk

Trailhead Error Screen
Error

My configuration doens't have these options ?    (selection box on right)
User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

David Duran OliveresDavid Duran Oliveres
Go to Setup > Communities Settings
Navigate to Sharing Sets (towards the bottom) and click on a sharing set (select the name of this). If none are present, create one
Screenshot - 16-10-2017 , 13_58_38 sharint set community settings
Follow Nagendra's post to the top and get your badge

Marc D BehrMarc D Behr
When I try to set up the sharing rule, I get an empty pop up box, so I can't create the rule. I have tried on 3 computers (Mac, Linux and Windows) and different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer) and each time, I see:

User-added image

Looking in the browser console logs, I see:

Load denied by X-Frame-Options: https://brave-bear-419054-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com/setup/portal/LpuEntityAccess.apexp?pON=Case&pAL=0&pSET=0H21I0000000G2T&pEDIT=1 does not permit cross-origin framing.

This is a brand new playground and I have already spent 2-3 hours trying different things and running out of ideas how to get past this step... any ideas?
Lorraine AubertLorraine Aubert
@Marc I have this same exact issue. I am using a developer org. Were you able to figure it out? 
Access mapping
Marc D BehrMarc D Behr
Lorrainne - switch to classic view and it works... silly lightning issue it seems
Marc, thank you! That worked!! 
Jason Akai - devJason Akai - dev
Marc - Thank you!!  I have been bouncing on that for days....
Austin MehallAustin Mehall
I was getting the sharing set error of doom until.

1. Went into sharing settings updated Default Internal Acces - Public Read/Write/Transfer and Default External Acces - Private.

Hopes this helps others :) 
Maruthi Rahaventhran S N 12Maruthi Rahaventhran S N 12
Hi All, I too hit the wall ( in 2019 :) ) and the solution by 
@Julie Workman worked !!! Thanks !!
BensanBensan
@Austin Mehall Setting the org wide settings to Private for both internal and external access allowed me to see the Case object in the Sharing settings after which I was able to achieve the solution. Thanks!
smriti sharan19smriti sharan19
I am adding all the steps I took to complete this badge:

1. Go to Sharing Settings. For Case select public Read/Write/Transfer for Default internal access and Private for Default External Access 

2. Go to Communities Settings-> Go to Sharing Set->Click on New Button
Add Label
Select Profiles: Customer Community User
Selected Object: Cases

3. Now Configure Access

4. Create Contact Edna Frank. Associate the Contact with an Account to see Manage External Users

5. Add case to the contact

6. Go to User. Create new user with Edna Frank 
User License: Customer Community
Profile: Customer Community User

Tadda! 500 Points