function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gerard TroxellGerard Troxell 

Getting Started with Live Agent: Attempted challenge 4 x's, created four separate cases, uploaded four separate files, confirmed files were attached to case, Why is it telling me "no file attached to the Refund Me case"

Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Gerard,

Make sure you only have one case with the subject "Refund Me". Ensure that the case was used in the chat and has an attachment. HTH

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
Gerard Troxell 6Gerard Troxell 6
Jeff,
Thank you for your fast reply.
For clarity, are you saying one case per chat session. If that is the case, I only had one case opened per chat. If you are referring to all cases created that have Refund Me, then i will delete all of the chats and close out the cases. 
Please advise.
JT
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
One case record in your entire org with the subject "Refund Me".

HTH

Jeff Douglas
Jeff,
I closed out all of the cases that had Refund Me in the subject line. Then attempted the exercise again. Confirmed that the file transferred to the case as an attachment. Ended the chat from the customer side...Ran the "challenge", the response was There was no case assocated with the chat. Then I followed the steps again, but ended the chat from the agent side.. Ran the "challenge", the response was "There was no file attached to the Refund Me case during the chat" 
I have gone through the exercise multiple times. I would like to know what I am missing,

Erica C6Erica C6
I am having the same issue.  I have created (and deleted) multiple Refund Me cases from a chat session with attachments and assistance flag raised.  I have tried ending from the console and from the chat window and got the same errors Gerard listed yesterday.
Erica C6Erica C6
I associated the Refund Me case with the chat transcript via Live Chat Visitor Detail.  Now I am getting this error despite having raised and lowered assiatnce flag: 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
During the chat, assistance flag was either not raised or not lowered or both
Erica C6Erica C6
Not sure which thing fixed my troubles, but this challenge is done after many attempts and deleted cases.
  1. I edited the console App created for this exercise.  Under Choose Chat Workspace Options, I selected New case.  Now a case is opened when a chat is accepted.  I saved the case before and this still did not associate the case to the chat transcript, so I modified that before ending the chat via console. To determine this, I clicked the details tab, then the visitor link, chose the last transcript name created and found the case created under the case field in the Attched Records related list.  
  2. I also made sure I only raised and lowered the flag one time each.  
I followed Erica's steps above and it worked, finally. I do not believe this is how it is suppose to work, but it enabled me to pass this challenge and move on to the next step.
Thanks
Henrik HeltHenrik Helt
I have exactly the same problem. Can Jeff please confirm that it should be straight forward and not as Erica describes?
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Apologize for the inconvenience. We are pushing some improved code this week that should make the challenge more straight forward.

Jeff Douglas
JD GriffisJD Griffis
Can you let us know when the code is pushed? I was just trying this exercise yesterday and could not get it to work. Kind of frustrating...
Looks to be Oct. 18th
Satyendra SSatyendra S
Thanks Gerard, Looking for the update still stuck.
Igor Androsov 5Igor Androsov 5
This Live agent module test still have a problem as of 10/16/2016 or possible bug in Live Chat. The files are attached/associated to chat Detail as evident in Related Entities section I can see my new case with attachment. however, Case is NOT linked to Chat transcript record. To work around this I manually linked a Case to chat transcript and Live agent test passes
Igor Androsov 5Igor Androsov 5
Here is Live Chat transcript record image with case assigned manually. Big question is it trailhead Test is wrong or Live Chat bug not linking Casses to transcript?User-added image
Ed Ed WillisEd Ed Willis
As of Nov 04th not working for me either.  I see on the Live Agent Chat - Vistor Details in the related Case section the case I created, but still get the error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was no case associated with the latest chat."
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Make sure the very last step before checking the challenge is to: Close the Chat tab in the console and click Save if prompted. This will return you to the cases list view in the console. You must close the Chat tab in order to successfully verify this challenge.

HTH

Jeff Douglas
Ed, A work around on this is to have the case automatically be created when you connect via live agent. Go to... create... apps...select the Armour decor console app... click edit... make sure this four are checked under Chat Workspace Options. [image: Inline image 2] Then go through the check challenge and it should work. JT
AndrewNerneyAndrewNerney
Just wanted to bump this and let the Trailhead folks know that the issues reported here are still occurring. I struggled mightily with this challenge before finally finding this post and then following the steps outlined by Erica C6.
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
AndrewNerney,

Does my previous comment work for you: Close the Chat tab in the console and click Save if prompted. This will return you to the cases list view in the console. You must close the Chat tab in order to successfully verify this challenge.

Jeff Douglas
Jerry NiemeyerJerry Niemeyer
FYI - I had trouble with this challenge, it seemed I was doing everything correctly, but kept getting the response "no file attached to the Refund Me case".  The reason was because the file was not uploading, and I could never get it to work with Safari.  When I tried the chat session using the Chrome browser it worked just fine.  Not sure where the problem is, but the chat session in Safari never completed the file upload.
Lillian Hartgrove 5Lillian Hartgrove 5
I followed Erica06 instructions above but my new result is that I get a "Your file upload failed.  Please wait for instructions from the agent."  The files I've tried are less than 1MB so it's not a size issue.  Also, I'm using Chrome so again, not sure what the issue could be.

SPVSPV
Hi all , the File transfer error still exists. A solution that worked for me was to create and save the case while the chat session is still active > then attach a file to the case ( I used the Attachment related list not the File related list) > now end the chat , save etc.
That being said definatly still a problem with sending a file during the chat session.
Hope this helps
Lindsay ChungLindsay Chung
I ended up having to do exactly as SPV said. Each time I attempted to upload a file via the chat, I received the "Your file upload failed" message. Manually attaching the file via the Attachments related list and saving appropriately allowed me to complete the exercise.
Anuj PatelAnuj Patel
Hi Guys, 

I had the same issue - After going through the whole post.. I followed following steps and it worked out. 

1. Made sure have all 3 permissions checked.
2. Created a Case with "Refund Me" Subject while in chat. 
3. Raised and lowered the chat while in the chat
4. Ended the chat, closed the case tab and hit save.
5. Went to the Case and added an image into Attachements related list.

Done. 

You guys can thank me on next Dreamforce. :-) 

Thanks,
Anuj.

Carlos SiqueiraCarlos Siqueira
I tried all suggestions, including changing Choose Chat Workspace Options to be New Chat as suggested by Erica C6, manually attached the chat transcript to the case as suggested by Igor Androsov 5 and even tried what Anuj Patel suggested. Still have the error.

Here is my case showing the Live Chat 

User-added image

Here is the Live Chat Transcript: 

User-added image
I just passed this step. You have to actually click on the Raise Flag icon, type anything and click on the button Raise Flag:

User-added image

Now, the icon Raise Flag turns red:

User-added image

Now you click on the red Raise Flag icon again and the window will open again. Click on the Lower Flag button.
This will create the 2 entries (Raise/Lower flag) on the Live Chat Transcript:

User-added image

If you now create any case and attach this latest transcript to it and try the challenge.
Regardless of the Trailhead challenge, this is way too trick and redundant that you have to click on the flag and button, twice to raise and to lower.
I hope this helps.
Becky Neate 21Becky Neate 21
Wow this is frustrating - Tried all of the above and getting this error - All 3 are selected and all other steps followed
User-added image
@Becky Neat:  Please take a look at my explanation on October 21st 2017, right before your comments.