function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mayuri NehulMayuri Nehul 

How to add multiple approval for single record without adding entry criteria in approval process

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce.
I have a requirement to create more than the approver needs to approve one record but I don't have any entry criteria for it. I want to submit all records for approval on the initial stage only.

Can anyone please help me how can I achieve this by using the Approval process.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Mayuri Nehul
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mayuri,

You would need to add criteria or ignore but however, it cannot happen for single record this would be the same for all records.  Try to add record type or any field which can be unique and matches single record criteria.

https://www.infallibletechie.com/2013/01/multiple-approvers-for-approval-process.html

Thanks,

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mayuri,

You would need to add criteria or ignore but however, it cannot happen for single record this would be the same for all records.  Try to add record type or any field which can be unique and matches single record criteria.

https://www.infallibletechie.com/2013/01/multiple-approvers-for-approval-process.html

Thanks,
This was selected as the best answer
Mayuri NehulMayuri Nehul
Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I want to add all records submit for approval at the initial stage without adding any entry criteria.
But when I am doing this I can see my record just applied to step 1 of the approval step where I added Manger of the user as an approval.I want to submit that record for approval from the next approver but it is not happening.

Please find attached a screenshot of the approval steps of my approval process

User-added image

Please let me know if I need to change anything in my approval process

Thanks in advance
Septi Oktapiani 3Septi Oktapiani 3
Hi Mayuri,

I think you should add the criteria for step 1 like below
User-added image

so when the approver 1 approved, it will automatically run approval step 2

​​​​​​​thanks
Mayuri NehulMayuri Nehul
Hi Septi,

Thanks for the reply. I got your point but as per my understanding if I add entry criteria in step1 then only those records will be eligible for approval but as per my requirement, I want all rows to go through the approval process.

Let me know if my understanding is correct or not.

Thanks in advance
Mayuri