function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sharad Chandra Maheshwari 1Sharad Chandra Maheshwari 1 

Launch flow from account list view

All examples that I have seen so far show how to add a custom button/action on Leads List View. I am looking for a way to launch a flow from a custom buttom/action from Account List View.

The Flow is to create account and related contact records and it needs to happen only through a flow, as the customer wants point and click customization.

User-added image

So far, I have only been able to launch the flow from within a record- by adding the action on the account page layout. However, my requirement is to launch the flow from the Account List View itself and not requiring the user to first have to select any other record. I have also tried creating a VF page to launch the flow from.

The issue that I am running into is

1- I do NOT see 'List View' as an option when I navigate to 'Search Layouts' on the Account Object and the 'Default Layout' does not have the custom button that I created

User-added image

Default Layout- supports only buttons that create or update a record

User-added image

2- I do see 'List View' listed when I navigate TO 'Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic' on the Account Object, however, the button to launch flow still does not show up under custom buttons and the only buttons that show up are related to either creating/updating a record. Also, I am sure if seeing the button to launch a flow under Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic would do me any good as I am working in Lightning
User-added image
User-added image

Direction on how to proceed ahead is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Best Answer chosen by Sharad Chandra Maheshwari 1

My colleague @Maruthy Jakkam helped me solve this as follows-

There are 2 ways to go about it-
1- Using 'List Button' with content source as URL from 'Buttons, Links, and Actions' on Account object and add it to the custom button section for 'List View' layout under the 'Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic' as follows-

Fetch Flow URL:
User-added image

Create Custom List Button:
User-added image

User-added image

Add it to List View layout:
User-added image

User-added image

2- Second approach is to call embed the flow in a visualforce page and call it using a List Button as follows:

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="sobjects">
<flow:interview name="Account_and_Contact_Creation_77946">
</flow:interview>
</apex:page>

Note: it is imperative to set the standardController and recordSetVar, otherwise, the vf page would not show up for list buttons.

@Shirisha- I had already exhausted all the resouces before posting it to the community and that video was one of those. It unfortunately does not solve the problem, but thank you for your help!

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sharad,

Greetings!

If you wouild like to create the list view button to invoke flow then please follow the below steps by selecting the Action Type as Flow.

https://youtu.be/cV4MLq1p96E

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

My colleague @Maruthy Jakkam helped me solve this as follows-

There are 2 ways to go about it-
1- Using 'List Button' with content source as URL from 'Buttons, Links, and Actions' on Account object and add it to the custom button section for 'List View' layout under the 'Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic' as follows-

Fetch Flow URL:
User-added image

Create Custom List Button:
User-added image

User-added image

Add it to List View layout:
User-added image

User-added image

2- Second approach is to call embed the flow in a visualforce page and call it using a List Button as follows:

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="sobjects">
<flow:interview name="Account_and_Contact_Creation_77946">
</flow:interview>
</apex:page>

Note: it is imperative to set the standardController and recordSetVar, otherwise, the vf page would not show up for list buttons.

@Shirisha- I had already exhausted all the resouces before posting it to the community and that video was one of those. It unfortunately does not solve the problem, but thank you for your help!

This was selected as the best answer
Raoul LakeRaoul Lake
Thank you Sahrad.  So counter-intuitive to use Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic.  It works...thanks!
David Roberts 4David Roberts 4

Hi Sharad,
I couldn't get method one to pass through the selected list.
Found method two works a treat.
Many thanks to you and Vibhor (https://www.accidentalcodersf.com/2020/07/use-flows-from-list-views-salesforce.html) for sharing your knowledge.
This opens up so many possibilities.

Steve Rugg 8Steve Rugg 8
FYI, with Summer '22 release 'Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic' is gone (at last), but you can accomplish same with 'List View Button Layout'.
Jatin Goyal 14Jatin Goyal 14
Hi Sharad, 
Greetings!
Nicely Explained, There is one issue which I'm facing on the same. when I am completed with my Screen Flow. It is again running infinitely.
I checked my flow, there is nothing that could possibly make it run again.
Do you Anyone know how to solve it!

A solution will be appreciated
Thanks in advance!!
steve diaz 7steve diaz 7
Thanks for sharing. Really Helpful. field service lightning certification (https://www.igmguru.com/course/salesforce-field-service-lightning-training/)
Smith543 ThomasSmith543 Thomas
To launch a flow from the account list view, you'll need to provide more context about the specific software or platform you are using. The steps can vary depending on the application or system you are working with. However, I can provide you with a general guideline on how to launch a flow from an account list view in a typical scenario:
Open the application or platform: Launch the software here sports car rental dubai  (https://www.luxurysportcarsdubai.com/) or log in to the platform where you have access to the account list view.
Navigate to the account list view: Look for the section or tab that displays the list of accounts. This could be the main dashboard, a specific module, or a dedicated page within the application.
salax maryasalax marya
Thank you Sahrad.  So counter-intuitive to use Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic.
Lowes Survey Details

real umairreal umair
This Launch flow from account list view looking helpful for seveal ways I wana impiment on my keyboard switches site (https://mechswitcher.com/), but my site hosted on WordPress and other on Wix.