function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harry C.Harry C. 

(NPSP) How to make it so one field copies another field?

Hello, I'm sorry for not knowing how to phrase the question more exactly! I'm still learning how to use NPSP. Basically, our organization has 2 date-related fields for donation opportunity data entry: Close Date (comes with NPSP Default) and QB Date (for us). They are always the same thing. How can I make it so that QB Date always copies Close Date, so I don't have to enter the date twice for each opportunity?

Also, I'm just wondering how to alter the layout for new opportunities in general. I've tried doing it and I can't seem to make those changes reflect on the actual New Opportunity popup. There are a ton of fields we just don't use, and I want to hide them so they're less confusing for other staff.

Apologies again if I'm not wording these questions accurately. I don't fully understand all of the terminology yet but I'm learning!
Best Answer chosen by Harry C.
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harry,

You can use flow to copy close date value to QB date, below is sample example that can help you with your requirement.

https://salesforce-flowsome.com/an-easy-flow-to-copy-address-field/

If QB date is new field you can try changing data type to formula so that it would populate close date as required.
QB date =  Close Date

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,