function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC New learnerSFDC New learner 

How to get the recordtype field values

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement where we need to display one recordtype picklist value to only one profile. We have around 100 recordtypes on an object. Each recordtype has around 10 picklist fields. Need to identify a picklist value is there in remaining recordtypes. Also there is field dependencies on these fields. Let say if we select Field1 will show the values specific in Field2 specific to that RT.

Example : Case Object -> Multiple RT's-> Multiple Picklist fields -> Values.

Is there any we can retreive the value of picklist field from recordtype using soql? or We need to write code for this instead of selecting the values manually. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sirisha

john walker 22john walker 22

We're doing our first deploy from dev to qa using ant and getting a ton of errors around pick list values not being present. I included the business processes, and the record types, and even the fields but nothing is working. what's the point of these metadata tools is you can't deploy native object changes?
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi John,

Greetings!

Can you please share the errors that you can see while deploying the metadata.Yes,there are some  standard components which we can't modified manually.

If you can provide us the errors that you can see then,I'll let you know more details.

Warm Regards!
Shirisha Pathuri