function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nitin sharma 397nitin sharma 397 

Need some help regarding Batch Apex

Hi All,

I need a bit of help in understanding the concept of transactions as far as batch apex is concerned....

From trigger,one can run only 5 transactions of  batch apex.what does it mean?When and how do we execute those 5 transactions From Trigger.Any explanation with an example will be highly appreciated.

In Trigger ,one can process 200 records,Right? So If I  call batch class from trigger which I know is not a good idea..Despite knowing that if i call batch apex class and pass list of 200 sobject Id's,Will it start one transaction of  batch apex class and then another set of 200 records will execute this class again and third time also it sends 200 records which starts another transaction so on and so forth.

So in case if I upload 1200 records using data loader for account object and account object has a trigger which call's a batchable class.Does it means that trigger will call batchable class 6 times to pass the records or pass all 1200 records to the batchable class in one go.
Secondly:- What happens to the governor limits when a batchable class runs.Everytime a batchable class is called from a trigger and exceuted ,Does it  reset it's governor limits,Is that right? 

Guys,please clear my doubt as soon as possible.

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nitin,

Whenever you are trying to process 1200 records through batch then it will process in 200 records per batch but it will not throw any errors.

You can check the below documentation for more details:

https://www.veonconsulting.com/governors-limit-in-salesforce/

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri