function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wayne CWayne C 

How best to display a text modal prior to creating NEW record?

I have a requirement to show a modal with some text prior to creating a NEW record.   Ideally, a user would CLICK new to create a new opportunity, and would see a modal popup with text message.  She/he would then click a navigation button 'continue' to open the normal NEW record modal and create the new record.   No inputs are needed-  just a text message.  

I need this to work in Lightning and CLassic.  I wanted to do this with a FLOW/Process builder, but I see that you can't launch a screen flow from Process builder.   

How should I approach this so that it works in both Classic and Lightning?    

Thank you!  
Gary OldmanGary Oldman
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. Sainsbury’s Survey 2020 (https://survey-saver.co.uk/tellsainsburys-co-uk-sainsburys-survey/)
Wayne CWayne C
Progress!   I was able to use the following to get the FLOW to launch and display the message.  The message includes a Finish button.   When I click this, I'm directed to the Lightning version NEW modal just as required when in Lightning.   

BUT... when I try this in classic it also redirects to the Lightning page.   Can I just have this redirect to the Classic New page?   Since most of my users are still using classic, this is what I need.    What redirect URLFOR(???) do I use to do this?   

My current VF page is: 
<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" > <flow:interview name="NewOpportunityMessage" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/lightning/o/Opportunity/new?nooverride=1')}"/> </apex:page>

Thank you-
Travis Lee 1Travis Lee 1
Hey @Wayne,

I have a similar requirement. Could you tell me more about how you tackled this specifically on the lightning side of things? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis