function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Benjamin FaltusBenjamin Faltus 

Service Console navigation bar customizing

Hello everyone,

i have a problem with the navigation bar in the service console. Why is this so different from the sales navigation bar? 
I can not add some special tabs. I want to have the Tabs for Cases and for tasks in parallel on the navigation bar. As is see i can only have one "main" Tab where i can switch between them, but i can not have 2 tabs with "cases" and "tasks". is this right?
And when i add some new tabs like different cases they become very small and there is not text anymore. How can i change this behaviour? This is impractical..
Best Answer chosen by Benjamin Faltus
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Benjamin,

Coming to Point 1 we may not be able to add two tabs like what you highlited. 

Coming to the second request that when we pin the tab you are not able to see the label. This is known behaviour were an idea is open for the same . You can upvote this so salesforce may consider this in future releases.

https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdbLTUAZ/pin-tab-in-sales-console-should-keep-the-title-displayed

If this solution helps, please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi Benjamin,

If you question is about the console app you were able to open only one main tab but in normal apps you are able to open multiple tabs. Yes, that is correct and it remains same for sales console and service console apps. I dont hope we can modify much on this console apps as they are intended to bahave as such.

You can use the normal serive app instead of the service console.

Thanks,

Benjamin FaltusBenjamin Faltus

hi Sai,

thanks for your reply.
I am talking about the normal Service console in the webbrowser surface.
Maybe its easier to explain with screenshots:
User-added image
there i want to have 2 main tabs: Kundenvorgänge (cases) and Aufgaben (tasks). At the moment there is only a drop down menu to switch between this Tabs. Is it possible?

The other topic is about the tabs. When i open a case it looks like that:
User-added image
Now i want to have this tab every time when i open the Service Console in the navigation bar. Therefore i can pin it.
And here you can see what happen when i pin the tab to the navigation bar:
User-added image

you can not see the name from the tab anymore. So if i pin 2 or 3 cases i cannot see which tab is which case. 

Hi Benjamin,

Coming to Point 1 we may not be able to add two tabs like what you highlited. 

Coming to the second request that when we pin the tab you are not able to see the label. This is known behaviour were an idea is open for the same . You can upvote this so salesforce may consider this in future releases.

https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdbLTUAZ/pin-tab-in-sales-console-should-keep-the-title-displayed

Thanks,
This was selected as the best answer
Jennifer Huynh 4Jennifer Huynh 4
I believe this is either a permissions setting or Objects/ navigation item setting or both, but I cannot figure out how to resolve this either. everything looks good and asssigned. Right now I am tech Lead and need to have omnisupervisor and cases as I still do tickets. However, we can only have one navigation tab set at all times. That or you have to use different windows but once you click on the window with cases the omnisupervisor one logs you out as you cannot have two duplicate or active windows at once. 

Can someone at Salesforce clarify?