function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
j_paqj_paq 

Data Loader from Command Line - not extracting

I started working with the Command Line interface for Data Loader 13.0.  It runs fine, creates the extract file specified, but I get all blanks. 

2008-08-28 14:57:09,649 INFO  [csvExportUsers] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter
doneSuccess (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:55) - The extract has fully completed.
  There were 54 successful extracts and 0 errors.

File data:

"ID","USERNAME","LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","","DEPARTMENT","TITLE","ISACTIVE","USERROLEID","PROFILEID","MANAGERID",""

"","","","","","","","","","","",""   ....etc for 54 rows.

Just looking to get a successful test with a user extract before inserting, etc.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sunil NandipatiSunil Nandipati

Even I was trying with all caps in the mapping file and in config.  Now made the corrections and it works!

This post of yours has helped me.  Thanks.

All Answers

devNut!devNut!
Might be helpful to show the code/script you are using.
j_paqj_paq
Good point.  Here's my process-conf.xml.  Mapping file (extractusers.sdl) was created/saved using the GUI.
Success and Error files are not being created either. 

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="csvExportUsersProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
        <description>Extracts all current Users.</description>
        <property name="name" value="csvExportUsers"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\csvExtractUsers.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="username replaced"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="password replaced"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="540"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="User"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select ID, USERNAME, LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME, NAME, DEPARTMENT, TITLE, ISACTIVE, USERROLEID, PROFILEID, MANAGERID, LASTLOGINDATE FROM User where ISACTIVE = true"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="c:\Apex Data Loader 13.0\conf\extractusers.sdl"/>
                <entry key="process.outputError" value="c:\dataloader\errorExtractUsers.csv"/>
                <entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="c:\dataloader\successExtractUsers.csv"/>
                <entry key="process.enableExtractSuccessOutput" value="true"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="h:\dataloader\ExtractUsers.csv"/> 
                <entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2008-08-28T00:00:00.000-0800"/>
            </map>
        </property>
   </bean>
</beans>
MVJMVJ
Did you try it directly from the Data Loader (same User is and password combo) and get data returned?

If you did and get data then I am lost as your process file looks good.

If you get the same results check to make sure that the user that you are logging in as has access to the users object and can manage users.  The data loader follow field level security so if the user that you are running the extract for does not have visibility to the columns you are extracting it will return null values like you are seeing.

Mike
j_paqj_paq
Thanks for the response, and for looking over my process file. 

I'm doing this with my administrator login (full visibility to objects and fields), which works fine through the standard interface. 

Could it be a JRE issue?  At the command prompt, doing a  'jre -help' shows

C:\>jre -help
Java(tm) Runtime Loader Version 1.1.8.16
MVJMVJ

OK  this is going to sound stupid but I think that the issue is your mapping file.

Make sure that the mapping file is case sensitive.

For the user id the entry should read:

Id=Id

NOT

ID=ID

I ran your process file with the mapping all in upper case and got the same results that you did.  I changed the values to case sensitive and bam I got the data out.

Try it it can't hurt.

Mike

j_paqj_paq
Um...wow.   Thank you, very much.  It worked!

I created the sdl right out of the GUI, so I figured it would be formatted properly.  I changed everything in the mapping file and query statement to Proper Case, and I received actual data back.

Still haven't got the success or error files, but hey, this is a huge help!
Sunil NandipatiSunil Nandipati

Even I was trying with all caps in the mapping file and in config.  Now made the corrections and it works!

This post of yours has helped me.  Thanks.

This was selected as the best answer
MunmunMunmun

Hi Sunil,

Can u help me.I am getting thge error.

my file

-----------------

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="accountMasterProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
        <description>AccountMaster job gets the Customer record updates from ERP (Oracle financials) and uploads them to salesforce using 'upsert'.</description>
        <property name="name" value="accountMasterProcess"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\samples\status\accountMasterSoapTrace.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="sm_miky@gmail.com"/>
                <!-- password below has been encrypted using key file, therefore it will not work without the key setting: process.encryptionKeyFile
                the password is not a valid encrypted value, please generate the real value using encrypt.bat utility -->
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="0a2aeb7885e668e6f80a8187cf4eec85"/>
               <!-- <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="G:\Apex\samples\conf\sample.key"/> -->
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>

</map>
        </property>
    </bean>
    </beans>

when i am running getting this error

------------------------------------------------

G:\Apex\bin>process conf accountMasterProcess
2011-09-02 15:31:24,109 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.j
ava:367) - The log has been initialized
2011-09-02 15:31:24,125 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (Proce
ssConfig.java:78) - Loading process configuration from config file: G:\Apex\bin\
conf\process-conf.xml
2011-09-02 15:31:24,187 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinit
ions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file
 [G:\Apex\bin\conf\process-conf.xml]
2011-09-02 15:31:24,234 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (Collection
Factory.java:66) - JDK 1.4+ collections available
2011-09-02 15:31:24,250 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (Collection
Factory.java:71) - Commons Collections 3.x available
2011-09-02 15:31:24,328 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] controller.Controller initC
onfig (Controller.java:328) - The controller config has been initialized
2011-09-02 15:31:24,328 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (
ProcessRunner.java:90) - Initializing process engine
2011-09-02 15:31:24,328 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (
ProcessRunner.java:93) - Loading parameters
2011-09-02 15:31:25,625 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] config.LastRun load (LastRu
n.java:101) - Last run info will be saved in file: G:\Apex\bin\conf\accountMaste
rProcess_lastRun.properties
2011-09-02 15:31:25,640 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (Proces
sRunner.java:211) - Unable to run process accountMasterProcess
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const cl
ass com.salesforce.dataloader.action.OperationInfo.
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:136)
a:74)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.salesforc
e.dataloader.action.OperationInfo.
        at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:192)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.getEnum(Config.java:441)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.getOperationInfo(Config.java:
981)
a:97)
        ... 2 more

please help me

Regards

Niky