function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
virago81virago81 

Delegated Authentication and Outlook Plug-in

All,
I understand delegated authentication pretty well, but have a question about how it all works with the Outlook Plugin.

So let's say that I have my delegated authentication setup so that when a user logs into my company intranet, he or she gets issued a SiteMinder token.  Then when they click on the "Go to CRM" link, we convert their network username to their equivalent SFDC username and put the Siteminder token in the password field.   So far, so good, but what about the Outlook Connector?

When the user fires up Outlook and the SFDC Outlook Connector prompts them for a Username and Password what do they enter?  They don't know their SFDC Id and they definitely don't know what their SiteMinder token is.  Has used Delegated Authentication in such a way that it successfully handles the Outlook (or other Office) connectors?

Thanks,
V81
virago81virago81
All,
I eventually found the answer to this one. 

Just type in the search terms "Outlook Single-Sign On" in the Salesforce help and it'll take you to the article.

DcoderDcoder

Hi,

We are planning to implement delegates SSO for customer portal. Could you please guide me how can I go for it? It'll be really great if you can share the webservice sample code to pass username and password/token to salesforce.

One more question, is there other way apart from using tokens, like we can share user's unqiue email id or phone number as password/token.

Also, any idea about using federated SSO for customer portal?

thanks

dcoder