function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gprasunagprasuna 

Page Layout alignment

Hi All,

I have added 16 fields to a custom object. When i am trying to create new record all the fields all the 16 fields are displaying in a single column. But i i would like to display all the 16 fileds in one row(16 columns). While editing the page layout, it is providing option of displaying in 2 columns. can any body help me on this.

Thanks,

Prasuna.

RatherGeekyRatherGeeky

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not possible on a standard page layout. Spring '09 release will add the option of having three columns.

Sixteen columns don't sound very screen friendly. Is there a particular reason why you want to design your page that way?

werewolfwerewolf

No indeed, you are limited to 2 columns in a standard page layout.  You can write a Visualforce page that renders a page 16 columns wide, but as J Baze said, why would you ever want to do that?

If you're trying to edit entries in a spreadsheet-like format, you could make an Enhanced List View to edit items inline.

gprasunagprasuna
Requirement comes up with 16 columns. That's why i am trying to display all 16 columns in one row. Thanks for all your suggestions. I will try using visual force.