function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoannaJoanna 

Developer Edition Account - Problems Signing Up for the Visualforce Webinar

I thought I had a Developer Edition account, but it looks like I have an Enterprise Edition account.  I want to sign up for the free Visualforce Webinar on Oct 16th so that I can find out more about that functionality.  However, when I tried to sign up, it informed me that I needed a Developer Edition account.  It doesn't make sense to me that I cannot sign up for the Webinar with this account but I can post to the newsgroup here and can create S-Controls and do Apex development.

Regardless, it looked like I could sign up for a new free Developer Edition account, so I tried to create a new account (with my yahoo e-mail address rather than my company one, since that one was already the user id for the Enterprise Edition account).  But, I was never e-mailed a password to log in with.  When creating the account, I was never prompted to enter a password.  I received the Welcome to the Apex Developer Netword e-mail, but I have no way to log in.  Any suggestions as to what I need to do to sign up for the Webinar?  I am surprised that this is so difficult.  Thanks.
Ron HessRon Hess
we are asking for your developer edition so that we can enable visualforce for you, after the event. 

it is possible that the yahoo email was sent to the wrong person, can you try to sign up using yahoo email one more time?  if that does not work i may be able to help you another way.

thanks.
kpatelkpatel
Hi,

I tested the Developer registration few hours ago and it was working. Please check to see if the email went into "junk mail". If not, I suggest you click on "forgot your password" and receive a new password email.

Also, the webinar is a benefit for the ADN community and thus required a DE login.

JoannaJoanna
Thank you for replying.  My company's spam filter caught the e-mail from Salesforce with my password.  I was able to get the password today and was able to register for the webinar.  Thanks so much!