function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoannaJoanna 

Cookbook Flex Sample will not compile

I'm trying to get the Flex sample from the Salesforce Platform Cookbook to work, but I am receiving an error: "unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc".  So, the salesforce.mxml will not run.

I followed the instructions in the cookbook:
1. Installed Flex Builder 2
2. Installed the Flex Toolkit
3. Created a new Flex project.  In the Library Path tab, clicked Add SWC, browsed to the as3Salesforce.swc.
4. Via drag and drop, added salesforce.mxml to the new project.  Edited salesforce.mxml, replacing the username and password information.

But, when I do the right-click Run Application step, I get an Errors in Project messagebox.  If I click to continue the launch, it says that the salesforce.html file is not found - the path is in the bin folder of the project.  It's true that salesforce.html is not there.  Perhaps this is because the project did not compile?  On the "Problems" tab in the Flex Development environment, that's where the "unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc" error message is.

Any ideas to get this to work?  Perhaps there's something that I missed?  Thanks so much.
Ron HessRon Hess
i think this is a problem with the latest library, 3_8

try 3_7 until i can fix the latest lib
JoannaJoanna
Using FlexSalesforce_R3_7 fixed the problem.  Thanks.
Ron HessRon Hess
I've rebuilt the library and it appears to work, now called 3.9, same content as 3.8 but the binary actually links...
JoannaJoanna
3.9 worked correctly, too.  Thanks.