function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul Wilkins.ax1025Paul Wilkins.ax1025 

Look up filters

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me.   I am on a screen for the creation of a Task.   I want to select a contact for this task.   When I do this I get the chance to search all contacts for this new Task.   What I want to do is restrict this to only contacts that are linked to the Account which this task is being created in.   So I think I need to use a Lookup filter on the contact so the searchable records are restricted.   The Contact has a look up relationship in the task that is Lookup(Lead,Contact).   So when I go to edit this I do not get the option to create a look up filter.   Is this due to the look up to the lead and contact?   Am I just not able to do this at this point?

Any ideas or experiences with Look up filters would be appreciated.

Thanks  Paul.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SAPOCSAPOC

You add add custom fields to task or events by creating Activity custom fields but you do not have the option to create Lookup relationship.

All Answers

SAPOCSAPOC

You cannot add filter to Lookup(Lead,contact) as it is a standard field.

You can create a custom field and add contact lookup filter with restriction to only related account.

Unfortunaltely salesforce does not allow to create custom fields on tasks and events.

Idea posted

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaview?id=08730000000BrLzAAK

SAPOCSAPOC

You add add custom fields to task or events by creating Activity custom fields but you do not have the option to create Lookup relationship.

This was selected as the best answer
Paul Wilkins.ax1025Paul Wilkins.ax1025

Thanks for the quick reply.   I suspected as much just really needed it confirmed .

Thank's again.