function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari 

Need Help when Account Owner change from "change" link..

Hi,

I have contract which are associated with an account , when I change Account owner , the contract owner will change automatically , is there any way to prevent this , or to track account owner change ?

Thanks,

Deepak Pansari

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi Deepak,

You need to enable Field history tracking of Account object and then you can add the Account History related list in the Account detail page. so that you can change the Account owner change in the Account History related list.

Thanks,

Arunraj

Hi Arunraj,

Thanks for the reply, but my question is I want to trace the owner change for Contract object , when the Owner change of account , The owner of Contract will change automatically , i can not able to trace it. 

-- Deepak

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi Deepak,

To prevent the Account owner change in Contract,

there is a Activate button on the detail page of the contract. If you activate the contract by clicking the Activate button, the button will disappear. Now if you go and change the Account owner in Account record, the corresponding will not be reflected in Contract  owner field and also if the status of the Contract is Activated, only the Contract history is working.

For reference,

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&target=contract_history.htm&section=Contracts

Thanks,

Arunraj

Hi Arunraj,

Thanks for the information about "actvate" button functionality, but i wanted to buid custom Contract history page , where i can track the owner change , but some how there is no way to find older owner when status is not activated.

-- Deepak