function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jamz_2010Jamz_2010 

Enable Customer Portal User Button

Hi all,

I am having some issues when attempting to create a user for the customer portal. I am running on a sandbox org and have created the portal. I have added the Enable Customer Portal User button to the contact page layout but when I view a Contact this button does not appear. I am logged in as an administrator. I had a similar problem with the "Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration" field but after changing the field level security settings I could see the field. Does anyone have an clues as to why the button would not appear on the page layout?

Thanks

James 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jamz_2010Jamz_2010

Hi all,

I have found the solution to this problem, for the button to appear the Contact must have a parent account - if it does not the button doesn't appear

Hope this helps anyone else having this problem

Thanks

James 

All Answers

khanWebgurukhanWebguru

I am trying to make customer portal but I am stuck on my way :(. I selected Customer Portal and created a new portal having name as "My Customer Portal" after that I explore the option and found some options under "Look and Feel section" when I hit search icon infront of header text box that shows me a popup which is total empty and there is an option for search. I am not getting the exact place where should I define that header so that it can be list down in that popup whcih allow me to select and set in Header text box. I did 2 things.

1: I uploaded my logo in static folder and some css.

2: I created a component having some HTML.

But again these two things are not listing in header findings.

Please anyone help me in this situation. Where should I define some HTML so That it will show in header and footer search dialoge for selection and also logo???

Please help me I am thanking you in advance.

BR,

Asif Ahmed Khan

Sr. Software Enginner

Palmchip Pvt. Ltd

Jamz_2010Jamz_2010

Hi, I think you should create a new post for this as this is a problem not a solution to the original problem :)

Cheers

James 

Jamz_2010Jamz_2010

Hi all,

I have found the solution to this problem, for the button to appear the Contact must have a parent account - if it does not the button doesn't appear

Hope this helps anyone else having this problem

Thanks

James 

This was selected as the best answer
khanWebgurukhanWebguru
Sorry James,

I just did that because u r also working on portal kind of stuff so I thought you can help me sorry for this inconvienience :)

BR,

Asif Ahmed Khan

Sr. Software Enginner

Palmchip Pvt. Ltd