function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mchristianmchristian 

Enable Person Accounts in Dev edition

Hi all, Any hints on how to get person accounts made available?

From the documentation I've read it looks like I need to request it from SF directly, but for the life of me I can't seem to locate a method to make that request.

Thanks

-M

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SurekaSureka

Hi,

You need to log a ticket to salesforce to enable Person Accounts in Dev Edition.

To log a ticket -> Login into your Dev Edition -> Click on "Help" at the Top -> Click on "My Cases" -> Click On "Log A Case" -> Select the Case Reason as "Feature Activation Request" -> Select  "Feature Activation" in  "General Activation Area" and ask for the Person Account Enablement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

All Answers

SurekaSureka

Hi,

You need to log a ticket to salesforce to enable Person Accounts in Dev Edition.

To log a ticket -> Login into your Dev Edition -> Click on "Help" at the Top -> Click on "My Cases" -> Click On "Log A Case" -> Select the Case Reason as "Feature Activation Request" -> Select  "Feature Activation" in  "General Activation Area" and ask for the Person Account Enablement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
mchristianmchristian

Thank you so much! I was looking in all of the wrong places!

-M

Bill25354Bill25354

Hello,

I have the same question as the original poster... I do not have the "My Cases" section available for some reason... I'm in a developer org that I created earlier today. When I click "Contact Support" it says I need to log in and click on "Log a Case" but I'm already logged in and no matter how many times I refresh the page I can't get a "My Cases" or "Log a Case" section/button to appear. All I want to do is enable Person Accounts!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mayurguptamayurgupta

Salesforce has amended it's policies & included a new Clause "Not to Support Developer Edition Customer".Why? Because simpy they are not getting any income from the Developer Edition since it is of Free of Cost.

emotionsinvideo1.3946679251401875E12emotionsinvideo1.3946679251401875E12
so how am I suppose to enable features in dev editions then?
developer1.396918764106382E12developer1.396918764106382E12
Any answers for this. I need to activate person accounts in my developer org. How do you do this without being able to log a case?
Paul BurnellPaul Burnell
Hi, I am trying to do this now, did anyone figure out the correct process to go through?
Adrian OnuAdrian Onu
Does anyone know how can I activate Person Account to my developer edition org? 

Thanks!
David Jackson AUDavid Jackson AU
You can only raise a case with Salesforce to have Person Accounts enabled if you're in a Partner Developer org. You can't raise a case for a standard Developer org.
Uwe Becher 8Uwe Becher 8
this sounds a bit crazy for me, there should be at least one possibility to contact salesforce in this specific case to enable person accounts in a dev edition ...
Ravi Gupta 58Ravi Gupta 58
So How to enable Please help me anyone?

Thanks

Deepak Hanumantha AndeliDeepak Hanumantha Andeli
Just incase if the issue still persist refer to this video for the steps to be carried out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2du4WkhwXxg
sfdcFanBoysfdcFanBoy
You can raise a support case using Help to enable Person Accounts even in Developer Edition.  
James Evans 23James Evans 23
I tried calling to get help, but the phone system kept looping me through recordings.  I contacted their sales team and enquired how I can get Person Accounts.  I basically was told that I was being cheap and needed to pay for it.  Plus Salesforce was tired of supporting people that don't pay for the product.  The sad thing was that I was trying to sale a client on Salesforce.  That client heard the conversation and Salesforce has lost the sale.  It's Salesfoce's loss.
Lawrence Wasser 10Lawrence Wasser 10
Unfortunately, I have also been spinning my wheels. Where can I find the phone number to Salesforce Success?
selva rathinam 8selva rathinam 8
I am also facing the same issue.please let me know how to enable the person account in developer edition. I tried this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2du4WkhwXxg --after asking enter case number and waited three times it again routing to main menu not connected to agent.
Minna s2bdemoMinna s2bdemo
I'm as well facing the same issue. Contact Support is not opening, nor in Classic or Lightning versions. What to do next? How to enable the Person Account when you cannot get into contact to SF Support via phone nor raising a ticket? Please could someone give a bit help.
Taras TarlovTaras Tarlov
Its almost a year since last post and i am having the same issue. Cant contact SFDC support on dev org and need help activating person account feature. 
Somya TiwariSomya Tiwari

Hello,

Salesforce Does't Allow Developer Account to Reach Out to them and enable Persons Account on Developer Org. But i have found a workaround for the same. With Scratch Org you can easily enable Person Account for your org, and work on it for the next 30 days. Although if you are not friendly with SFDX then you can learn the basics in 30 mins and create a account and use it for your Person Account related Experiments.

JSON for Person Account Feature

Person Account Enabled for Developer Edition

Regards,
Somya Tiwari

Adelchi PelizzoAdelchi Pelizzo

From help file:

Person accounts available in Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions

What is the story here?

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
Please consider upvoting the idea- https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000lGplQAE on salesforce IdeaExchange. Thanks
Charles Thompson 17Charles Thompson 17
Using Scratch Org is NOT a workaround.  Scratch org disappears very quickly.  Developer Edition is forever as long as you maintain it.