function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CoderCoder 

How to change the date format in DATE field?

HI,

I want to change the date format in date field now the default format is MM/DD-YYYY now i want to change that in DD-MM-YYYY.Is it possible in force.com and if any one knows how to change the format please reply.

Thanks You Very much.

Message Edited by Coder on 07-17-2009 08:49 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
paynecpaynec

Date formatting is a function of the "Locale" field on the user record.  You can set an org-wide default in Company Information but each user can change their own as desired.

If you use a English (Canada) or English (United Kingdom) it should display the date format to what you're looking for.

All Answers

paynecpaynec

Date formatting is a function of the "Locale" field on the user record.  You can set an org-wide default in Company Information but each user can change their own as desired.

If you use a English (Canada) or English (United Kingdom) it should display the date format to what you're looking for.

This was selected as the best answer
CoderCoder
Thank You i got this......
Neha Agrawal 7Neha Agrawal 7
When I changed My Org setting as per answer by @paynec  I am not getting the Date format as (DD/MM/YY). Can you please suggest to me what can I do in this situation.Here is my company setting 
User-added image
pallavi gudipallavi gudi
Go to setup->my personal information->language&time zone 
select your  local(english(united kingdon)) it wil display the date  in dd/mm/yyyy format for all u r data