function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MandyKoolMandyKool 

clone button for custom objects

Hi,

I have custom object called "Order" and "Oder Line Items". I wanted to have a "Clone" button on my page layout.

The button should work similar to standard clone button on Opportunity ie. while cloning my "Order"; i want it to ask me for Record Type and an option to clone with the "Order Line Items".

Is it possible using standard clone button. Also, anything needs to be done apart from adding "Clone" button page layout?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

If you put native clone button, then it will not ask your for selecting the record type. As in native behavior all fields are cloned including the record type. If you need to do this specifically then you must create a custom clone button.

If you are ok with this behavior then the only thing you need to do is just put the clone button on page layout.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

mlundwallmlundwall

I just added a clone button to accounts.

check out this thread

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BpFaAAK

paulmag32paulmag32

I wonder if you could help me out. I have a custom object called Fact Find and once it is populated and dated I want it to be locked so I move it from an open record type to a locked record type. That's all easy enough. I then want to be able to clone that fact find but have it sitting in the unlocked record type and make a date field = null.

This should be possible via workflows but I think the issue is that when I hit the Clone button it takes me to the Records Type selection page rather than to the cloned Fact Find.

Thanks in advance for your help

Paul

Deepak DineshDeepak Dinesh
Hi Paulmag,

You may not have create access to Cloned Fact Find Record Type.
In order to do that add the Cloned fact find Record Type to your Profile. So that now you can see the edit page of the Cloned Fact find Record Type, when you click on Clone Button.

Please choose this as the best answer if it solves your issue.