function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OGHGOGHG 

Install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with Force.com IDE

Hi Everyone,

when I try to install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with the force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Otto

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Grant_at_TractionGrant_at_Traction

Try installing from the "Eclipse Marketplace" menu option. This seems to download all the dependencies correctly.

Note that for some reason Eclipse Classic doesn't include the marketplace functionality, but all other versions do.

All Answers

ShaneFalcoShaneFalco

Same here - anyone have an idea how to fix this?

com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Try installing from the "Eclipse Marketplace" menu option. This seems to download all the dependencies correctly.

Note that for some reason Eclipse Classic doesn't include the marketplace functionality, but all other versions do.

This was selected as the best answer
OGHGOGHG

Thanks, the marketplace was the solution, installing the force.com ide from there works!

pbattissonpbattisson

Hey

I tried using the marketplace. It worked once and now Eclipse doesn't start up again. I attempted to update the eclipse.ini file as some had suggested elsewhere but get the same error. A screenshot of the erro debug is attached. Anybody have any ideas?

Error image

Thanks

Paul

OGHGOGHG

Hi Paul,

have you tried running Eclipse as and Administrator on your computer? that fixed issues for me..

Kind regards,

Otto

I found updating my JDK fixed this.

pbattissonpbattisson

I have done both of these things and it now starts up and seems tobe working. Thanks for the help :-)

Paul

Kelly KKelly K

Still receiving the same error message after trying the above suggestions.

Here's my setup

- Running Eclipse 4.2 as Admin (downloaded from here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/junor) and installed to desktop.

- JAVA_HOME set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_05 (upgraded from jdk1.6.0_23) downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1637583.html

- Tried installing the Force.com IDE from the Eclipse Marketplace and got this error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Any other ideas? Is my setup incorrect?

Thanks for the help,

Kelly

zokitozokito

Hi,

cause of the problem lies here:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/porting/4.2/incompatibilities.html

(search for org.eclipse.update.ui)

It should be possible to fetch the deependency automatically through the marketplace but for me it's not working.... so what would you need to do is install the org.eclipse.update.ui manually from e.g.

http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdateui32300v20100512jar.htm

extract it and than copy the jar file to your eclipse/plugins/ directory. 

Start Eclipse again and then try to install the Force IDE plugin.

this solved the issue for me

Kelly KKelly K

Zokito - this worked!

If you have an older version of eclipse you can yank the same file out of the plug-ins directory as well.

I will note that after I put the .jar file in the 4.2 plug-ins directory, I wasn't able to install from the market palce, installing from the "Install New Software" did work.

Thanks!

RJPalomboRJPalombo

the combination of both kkorynta and Zitiko's solution worked for me as well on 64bit Mac!

FrodoBeutlinFrodoBeutlin

Yes, thank you very much! Putting the jar from  http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdateui32300v20100512jar.htm in my eclipse/dropins-folder and "New Software" add "http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/" worked!

Emy247Emy247

It works with this solution

It should be possible to fetch the deependency automatically through the marketplace but for me it's not working.... so what would you need to do is install the org.eclipse.update.ui manually from e.g.

http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdateui32300v20100512jar.htm

extract it and than copy the jar file to your eclipse/plugins/ directory. 

Start Eclipse again and then try to install the Force IDE plugin.

zokitozokito
Hi kkorynta, yes definetly if someone has already installed an older version of eclipse they should copy the package from there - so if anybody else stumbles on this thread finding a solution to this issue they should copy the file from their bundle.

Must say very glad this helped all of you!
MikeTuckMikeTuck

Big thanks to everyone that posted before!  Advice worked perfectly!

p@sfp@sf

i have the same problem.

i did manually put .jar file in plugins folder. then tryin to insatll new software . i m getting this error in windows 7 64bit . pleeease someone help

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found d913805c330562e5e4c6edd7c91bd601.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.core,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 2850ffbb014faaf022bbb32f146ee699 and found 0afff663b6175e125e84e4b2d009c8ce.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,25.0.0.201206181021.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found a7ace8ce9e587fdf15ef3a0900164b24.

Sunny83Sunny83

Hi

I have tried updating the jar. It started downloading force.com ide but stopped in between with error:

Installing software encountered a problem.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,25.0.0.201206181021.

MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found 4a5014a6b3a0d2638c4a428d34b40564.

Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,25.0.0.201206181021.

MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found 4e606687c00f4b5b29fd33b660e99a23.

Please help.

kingdomainkingdomain

This does NOT work on Mac OS Mountain Lion, either as an update or from the Market place.  Both cases still complain about the missing update 0.0.0 jar.

And you cannot simply download that missing piece for the Mac.

So, effectively, you cannot run Force.com IDE as a plugin on the Mac on Juno.  It depends on a deprecated jar.

RJPalomboRJPalombo

I can confirm this does in fact work on Mountain Lion. PLease follow the instructions in this chain and you'll be set up just as I am.

Sunny83Sunny83
I downloaded eclipse for java developers Juno and placed the updated ui jar in it. I tried installing force.com IDE through marketplace, but my eclipse was still throwing ui jar exception.
Then I tried installing through eclipse update. It started downloading but ended up in Hash error as stated in my previous comment.
Any pointers will be much appreciated.
zokitozokito

Hi Sunny, this md5 hash issue is one thing that cant be resolved by any of us. It seems that the signature provided by SF does not match the checksum of the new plugin release, so maybe you could file a bug or something agaist the new plugin version. In the meantime there could be a workaround on this.

So when you are promted to select the plugin you want to install, there is a option "Show only lastest releases"  or similar but the meaning should be the same. When you uncheck it you should get a list of all previous versions of plugin so you could choose one version less eg. 25.0 and then try to install.

i hope this will work for you please post the result so that everybody can use this approach if it works. If not then i'll try to think of something else.

z.

Sunny83Sunny83

Case lodged. I will update as soon as I here something from them.

Thanks.

Sunny83Sunny83

Salesforce guys are saying that its a problem at our end. Something is wrong with our system configuration :-( They suggested a link:

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Force-com-IDE-installer-crashed-in-forceide-exe/m-p/233841#M41126

But I am still not able to figure out.

Sunny83Sunny83

Finally I installed it...

I have removed MaxPermSize option from eclipse.ini and then tried to install and it worked like charm.

Thanks to all for helping me out.

BingBing

For non-developer newbies (like myself) who are struggling to find out which version to install, here please find my installation procedure that was successful and smooth:

1)      Install Eclipse Classics 3.7.2 (Indigo SR2) : here is the download page  http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-372/indigosr2

2)      Install Force.com Plug in for  Eclipse 3.6:  please follow this instruction:   http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.6

If you have already installed other Eclipse version (e.g. Eclipse 4.2), you can either keep it or uninstall it (there is a uninstall directory under Eclipse folder. I could not recall the detailed path).  It is not a problem to have multiple Eclipse versions under the same machine.

(PS: I tried Eclipse 4.2 with Force.com plug-in for Eclipse 3.6., and  got missing component error.  I could not fix it using various solutions mentioned  in this thread)

Mats ErikssonMats Eriksson

I'm not sure putting that .jar file (org.eclipse.update.ui_3.2.300.v20100512.jar) in the plugin directory helps. It does not show up in the list of installed plugins after restart of Eclipse anyway.

Howerver, it works if you make sure to check the "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" checkbox when adding the Saleforce plugin from Help->Install New Software in the Eclipse IDE (from the Marketplace). 

/Mats

Suresh - DeveloperSuresh - Developer

Thanks. It worked for me.

Ven 777Ven 777

This worked for me as well. Just remeber to re-start eclipse once you dorp the jar in dropin before installing the plug-in.

StephenBStephenB

Can also confirm this is OK with

Eclipse Juno 4.2

Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Make sure you do the following (just the hints here; see above replies in the thread for details):

- maxPermSize adjustment (I raised to 512M)

- Run an Eclipse update (prob do this first) - Check for Updates from the Help menu

- Download the JAR, get it out of the unzipped folder, and put it in your plugins dir, and make sure you restart Eclipse after you do this

- Make sure the Check all sites is checked when installing the force.com plugin from the Install New Software (this is where I did this from; not the marketplace, although looks like this should work also).

forcetoreckonforcetoreckon

Are you still stuck with errors? Tried everything? Was the same for me, below is one more possibility and potential to resolve the Force.com IDE installation with eclipse Juno.

For nerds like me, and people with non-Java-background:

I believe the solutions posted here are good enough, but still problems might vary as per the individual scenario. I can only add to what people have posted as a solution. I followed all/most of the steps not necessarily in the correct order. However, this is what worked for me - As the latest force.com IDE supports eclipse3.6 version, I reckon one downloads that version first or whatever latest version is supported, then download latest version of eclipse (i.e.. 4.2 in my case), and try to follow the steps that others have mentioned. If you get through no need to worry about anything else, however wherever you are stuck because of 'org.eclipse.update.ui' missing or core missing etc. Go and grab the respective files and folders prefixed same as the missing file errors from eclipse3.6/plugin folder and dump them into eclipse4.2/plugin folder. One thing I would avoid here is overriding any files or folders. 

e.g.. If error says

requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

then copy below folders and files from plugin folder.

org.eclipse.ui.intro.universal_3.2.402.r36_v20100702
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.compatibility_3.2.100.I20100511-0800

org.eclipse.ui.browser_3.3.1.r36_20101216
org.eclipse.ui_3.6.2.M20110203-1100

Now try and install Force.com IDE with the help > market place option or New installation option. And Eureka moment should be waiting for you any moment.

If this solution did not work for you? Keep digging like me and others and be one of us, eventually post your solution, help the community. One thing I have understood is there is no one bullet to kill all problems.

Pardon me if my post is too subjective also my approach to copy all respective folders and files from one plugin to another is a thoughtful fluke after spending 4 days and going through all possible solutions may be some of the things I haven't done in correct order.

Signing off - Just another nerd!!

TimmusTimmus

Thanks for the fix, Zokito!

Timmus

TheRealBenSmithTheRealBenSmith

In addition to the jar mentioned above, you need this one as well (org.eclipse.update.core) http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdatecore32500v20110330jar.htm

AshishyadavAshishyadav

thanks it works me too

RajeshOnCloudRajeshOnCloud

Hi Everyone 

I have a solution for making Eclipse Juno 4.2 works with Force.com IDE 

Copy all plugin form plugin folder of eclipse Gallilio/Indigo 3.6 or 3.7 and paste it into plugin folder of Eclipse Juno 4.2 and skip all same version of file

Its done.........

Thanks

forcefanaticforcefanatic

This worked for me. Thanks!

TejTej

can somebody provide direct link to Juno download from eclipse market place.

downloaded multiple times from eclipse.org with out any success. getting the following error.

Software being installed: Force.com IDE 27.0.0.201302151147 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 27.0.0.201302151147)
Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 27.0.0.201302151147 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 27.0.0.201302151147) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Kelly KKelly K

Did download and copy the .jar file into the plugins directory? http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdateui32300v20100512jar.htm

Also, it's important to note that you can't install directly from the Market Place, you have to follow these instructions:

Navigate to Help -> Install New Software. Click Add…
Name: Force.com IDE
Click OK. Select the checkbox next to Force.com IDE.
Click Next -> Next -> I accept -> Finish -> Ok -> Yes

TejTej

Thanks alot,

I was able to download and install the plug in successfully, but i can't create a project with all the components.

it's throwing a fetch error.any ides how to get around with that?

Kelly KKelly K

It'll do that. It's one of the things where Juno isn't 100% compatible with the Force.com plug-in.

When it presents the option to abort or to continue, just hit continue, exit Juno, re-open Juno and then refresh the project. (Other users recommend switching your workspace, I find exiting and reloading is easier to explain). Once you do that, all of your components from the selected files will be there. I've only noticed it on creation of a new project, so hopefully it's a one time thing at that point going forward.

Sherpa_DTSherpa_DT

I could only find V20.0 of Force.com IDE on the Eclipse Marketplace.

Instead, I had success using the official Eclipse way of discovering dependencies, by adding an Eclipse 3.8 Update Site (http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8) in Help | Install New Software | Available Software Sites.

Eclipse Update sites for various versions: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Project_Update_Sites

When I tried to install Force.com IDE (27.0), it automatically discovered the dependency and installed with no problems.

Kelly KKelly K

Sherpa - this was actually a great suggestion. kudos

I upgraded to Java 7 v17 and went back through the download process for eclipse using your suggestion. I did not have to 

- modify the .ini file

- download the .jar dependncy and drop it into the bin

I did notice that it resolved some of the problems that I've had previously such as

- the error when creating a new project (you either have to hit continue and restart eclipse or hit continue and and change your workspace)

- for the first time I was prompted to upgrade my project to a newer release (such as winter '13)

So this literally simplifies the download, install & configure process to

- Download & Install Java

- Update JAVA_HOME and put JAVA_HOME in your path

- download Eclipse Juno for Developers

- Go to Help | Install New Software | Available Software Sites then click Add... Use Name: Eclipse 3.8 Update Site, Location: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8 then make sure it's selected and hit ok

- Click Add.. (on the Help | Install New Software screen) then use Name: Force.com IDE, Location: http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/

And then you're ready to hit the ground running.

Thanks again for the great suggestion.

Jayesh_TejwaniJayesh_Tejwani

I am using Eclipse June 4.2, i received the same error discussed in this thread, so i downloaded org.eclipse.update.ui_3.2.300.v20100512.jar and copied it to the \eclipse\plugins\ directory and restarted the eclipse and installed the force.com IDE through install new software. Thank you very much

Jayesh_TejwaniJayesh_Tejwani
Thank you this post really helped.
Kishore VaranasiKishore Varanasi

I have faced the same problem. 

Solution: Download org.eclipse.update.ui_3.2.300 and extract to "\eclipse\plugins" folder.

Then try to install Force.com IDE. It works. It is a simple solution. 

Thanks 

Kishore Varanasi

ArjeeArjee

Thanks @TheRealBenSmith. I received the same error for eclipse 4.2 Juno in Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and alone this post solved my problem. I had to download the mentioned file (i.e.  http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdatecore32500v20110330jar.htm) and place that inside plugin folder. Well, it did not work until i restarted eclipse :-)

Awinash Kr.Awinash Kr.

It worked like a charm.

sarat chandrasarat chandra

It worked for me. Thanks a lot!

liualiua

Invalid Login screen

Unable to connect to organisation with given login credentials:

Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Please verify and/or change your credentials in Project Properties > Force.com.

Anyone encounter this error when create a new Apex class? It seems credentials not being remembered.

TechnossusTechnossus

Can any one tell how to install Force.com plugin from marketplace ecilipse

TechnosTechnos

How  did you install from market place I want to install 27.0,, but not getting in the market place wizard, facing the same issue when trying to install the force.com plugin

Regards

Raman

kircheiskircheis

Installing "EMF Compare" from the eclipse marketplace resolved this issue for me. I then was able to directly install the Force.com IDE in Juno - didn't have to go to the marketplace for it. See http://www.eclipse.org/emf/compare/ for the EMF site.

TeddyInSTLTeddyInSTL
Zokito, your suggestion worked for me. Thank you SO much.
JackVNJackVN

Try "run as Administrator" for Eclipse.

Athena GergenAthena Gergen

This worked for me!  Thanks!  Just wanted to add that I also installed Java 7 and it worked.  There's another message thread somewhere where a user had to downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6 for it to work, but Java 7 worked for me.

Christine.wangChristine.wang

Thanks for your sharing about your experience. it really works after trying all the method above. Thanks a lot!

Matheus GoncalvesMatheus Goncalves
Hey zokito, thanks for sharing. It works now!