function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrandiTBrandiT 

Trigger / Workflow / Custom Button on Public Calendar - Need a way to add invitees

We are trying to use a Public Calendar in salesforce, but need a way to add invitees similar to Outlook's distribution lists.  Public groups would work, but it's not available here for some reason.

Is there anyway that when I create an event on a public calendar, I could have the invitee list populate.  I thought about a trigger that would add for example, all the sales people if custom "Invite Sales" checkbox was checked...

Or create a custom link or button on the home page that would add the invitees.  I have 3 distribution lists I need to use.

Unfortunately, our VP and directors will not use if they have to select everyone individually every time, and without management leading by example, I don't think my other users will use it either   :( 

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The EventAttendee Object which stores the information about the Contacts/Leads  who are invited or are participating in an event , has an access level which supports:-

1. Cascade Delete

2. Replicateable

3. Reteivable

The access for "createable" is missing which enables us to create or add invitees via code.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

a.schaefera.schaefer
Working on the same/similar problem. Since we can't add EventAttendees through API, maybe one could create a homepage component that would onload pre-populate the invitee calendar for events of a certain record type. Anybody have an idea or maybe even working solution? cheers - Andreas