function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hemant03700hemant03700 

Quotes Pdfs Field List

How can i add My any custom field to Qoutes PDFS List ??

Michael_TorchedloMichael_Torchedlo

If you are using the standard Force.com "Quotes" feature, I think it is not possible to add custom fields to the "Quote PDF" object (a.k.a. QuoteDocument).  The QuotePDF is similar to an Attachment or Document in Salesforce.com - all the content is in the blob or body of the attachment, and record only has a few actual fields - like name, createdby, createddate, etc.

You can create custom fields on the Quote and Quote line item, and then have them displayed on the Quote PDF by creating a Quote Template.  You can thereby customize what each Quote PDF looks like, but you cannot customize the Quote PDF related list on the Quote Page Layout.

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=quotes_template_overview.htm&siteLang=en_US

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Hemant,

You can Create a new template for your Quote PDF from:
Setup | Quotes under App Setup | Templates

and add your custom fields to it as explained in the following help link:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=quotes_template_add_fields.htm&language=en_US

Hope this helps!

Jeff HagopianJeff Hagopian
Hemant,

These posts did not answer your question....did it?  You want to be able to add custom fields to the related list for the Quote PDFs?  Correct?  I have the same question.  I don't think there is a way to do this...I hope I'm wrong.
Jeffrey Wong 175Jeffrey Wong 175
Wow.. after almost six years, i have the same question.  Are we able to add custom fields to the Quote PDFs related list? I have a new custom field for grand total, which I want to replace the standard Grand Total.

User-added image

Cheers, Jeffrey
Laura SquiresLaura Squires
I would love to be able to edit the quote PDF related list as well. Any solutions yet?