function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GRStevenBrookesGRStevenBrookes 

Time Based Workflow not Cancelling

Hi,

have an issue here which i am hoping will be an easy fix.

I have an timebased workflow/email alert that sends an email once per hour every 6 hours if a Case is not closed.

The criteria are as follows:

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Rule Criteria :(Client Management Cases: Case ReasonEQUALSNew Script UAT,New Script QAT) AND (Client Management Cases: Case ClosedEQUALSFalse)

Effectivly what happens is when this case if created, the email alerts are loaded into the TBWF queue, as one would expect, howver, when the CaseClosed field, changes to TRUE (via workflow with Re-evaluate Checked) the alerts continue to fire.

Any ideas?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Very stange as I cant see anything wrong, there are always a few wierd hicups, maybe try actually calling out the particulare closed statuses instead of using the Case Close = False, try with Statues not = Closed, and any other closed statuses you might have.

Also,

I am assuming that the e-mail is actually notifiying intenal SFDC users of stagnent cases, you might want to see if case escalations would work instead of a TBWF. Also, if I am correct, I dont think escalations count towards your TBWF actions limit.

Hope this helps, like I said, it seems from what you posted, everything should work fine.

Thanks,
PB