function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
santaxian01santaxian01 

Error generating Enterprise WSDL

I've been adding custom fields and regenerating enterprise wsdl all day yesterday. Of a sudden I try again today and it won't generate. Instead it says:

Invalid Package Version Specification
The specified Package Version Namespace is not installed 

This may be connected to the 4 Installed Packages I have, which each has a Package Version select, but they only have one option in each select so i can't change the Package Version.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

This should be resolved now.  Please let us know if any of you are still seeing the issue.

Thank you for your patience.   

All Answers

cmiller_at_d2ecmiller_at_d2e
I'm having the same issue.
ldavalaldavala
Having the same error... seems to have started today. My sandbox is on tapp0.salesforce.com.
EricRenfroEricRenfro

I am also experiencing this issue, starting since October 1st. It worked October 2nd, but then stopped again and now it's October 5th, still not functioning.

santaxian01santaxian01
Salesforce support have escalated the call to the next level, but no whisper of a solution yet. I reckon when they fix it for me they'll fix it for all.
EricRenfroEricRenfro

Indeed. I have done the same. Escalated the issue. I was quite annoyed with the responce actually. In my report, I told them the steps I took to find the error, and they asked me, if I performed such and such steps which were almost exactly identicle.  So yeah, obviously it needed to be escalated.

A_SmithA_Smith

Sorry to hear that you've hit this issue.  Would you mind providing me a case number so we can take a look?

Thanks, 

santaxian01santaxian01
Thanks. The case number is 02974069.
StokesStokes

We are unable to generate our WSDL files in either of our Sandbox's that are running Winter 10 or our Production system running Summer 9. Is there a resolution to this yet? I even went as far as removing all the packages in one of our Sandbox environments and still get this error.

A_SmithA_Smith

Hi Stokes,

We're still having issues reproducing this issue.  Can you log a case with the usernames for your orgs and grant us login access.  Then post the case number here and I'll take a look?

Thanks, 

StokesStokes
I have created Case 02989976. Please let me know if you need more information.
EricRenfroEricRenfro

My case number is 02975760.

This issue seriously needs to get resolved quickly as this is costing business hours here.

airrick3airrick3

This is bad because we are new and havn't got an WSDL for our org yet :-(

santaxian01santaxian01
It's working for me now - my Enterprise WSDL generates successfully.
airrick3airrick3

working for me now. 

thanks to whoever fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucena69lucena69

Seems like the problem is back (at least for me) again.

I'm on na6.

I've asked that my original Case Number 02983109 be reopened.

Anyone else still seeing this problem today?

-John

cmiller_at_d2ecmiller_at_d2e
We're still having this problem.
santaxian01santaxian01

The error is back for me too.

I'm having my case re-opened.

airrick3airrick3
same here; broken last night, working this morning, broken now  :-(
A_SmithA_Smith

Sorry to hear you all are still hitting this issue.  This is an intermittent problem as experienced by this thread.  We're working on a permanent fix and will be releasing it by this weekend.  

Thanks,

EricRenfroEricRenfro

So far, so good, this morning.

The Enterprise WSDL is at least working for me, presently. I will keep this thread informed if it stops again, and will be hitting it periodically through the day just to make sure. 

A_SmithA_Smith

This should be resolved now.  Please let us know if any of you are still seeing the issue.

Thank you for your patience.   

This was selected as the best answer