function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dongdong 

question about parent-to child relationship in SOQL

Hi  all,
   I have the following SOQL  (Just for example)

SELECT Account.Name, (SELECT Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName FROM Account.Contacts where firstname='Mark') FROM Account 

However, the result is :  the  clause   where firstname='Mark'  doesn't work.

why?    if I want to get the result , that is , I want to find contact Mark's account name, what shall I do ?

This is my real SOQL in project :
select  id ,owner.userrole.name , (select Overall_satisfaction__c  from feedback__r where    survey_received__c = last_week) from  case where case.recordType.name != 'CRM4SRF' and case.recordType.name !='RFE' and case.owner.userrole.name ='APAC Support Services Engineer'  
But I found  survey_received__c = last_week , doesn' work!!

SuperfellSuperfell
what do you mean it doesn't work, what does it do, and what were you expect it to do. The query should return all accounts, and all contacts at those accounts whose firstname is mark.
dongdong
Hi Simon,
   Thank you for your reply.  As you said I  expect the query return
The  accounts, which  all contacts at those accounts whose firstname is mark.
But the result  is : it returned  all accounts, but some of the contacts of the account  whose firstname is not mark but null,
why ?  I  can not unerstand  in this SOQL :
SELECT Account.Name, (SELECT Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName FROM Account.Contacts where firstname='Mark') FROM Account     
where firstname='Mark' does't work.  In another words,  if you  set the   where firstname = 'never existed people'
it can also return data.
why?
SuperfellSuperfell
Can you show a specific example ?