function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RhondaBRhondaB 

Passing information from SForce to ASP.NET (Newbie)

Hi all,

I am brand new to all this so please forgive me if I sound like a newbie.  I am!!!

Anyway, I am building a custom object that is linked to Opportunities.  I would like to have a web link on the custom object page that goes to an asp.net page on my companies intranet.  I need to pass the id of the custom object as well as the id of the related Opportunity so that from the ASPX page I can query and return the data for that record.  I have no idea where to begin and would appreciate any guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Rhonda

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi RhondaB,

You will need to use merge fields.  When creating the web link you will see a page that asks you to enter the url.  Above the url field are several dropdown lists that provide you with merge fields that you can append to the url to have that particular data included on the url. 

Example:

http://intranet/myCustomObject.aspx?oppId={!Opportunity_ID}&objId={!CustomObject_ID}

Then in the page CustomObject.aspx, you can pull the query string of the request and the oppid parm will have the actual related opportunity id and the objid param will have the id of the object that you placed the custom link on.