function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ladocelot2Ladocelot2 

How to move reports from one folder to another massively?

Hi, i have 1000 reports in 100 folders. I need move the reports from original forder to a new folder.

Is there any way to do so through the metadata?

thanks

amarcuteamarcute

Hi,

One trick is to edit your Report folder view and move reports to the Unfiled Public Reports folder.  Then open the new folder and move reports from the Unfiled Public Reports folder to the new folder.  It's not a perfect solution but it's better than one at a time.  

If you are familiar with Eclipse/Force.com IDE & metadata

In the Eclipse/Force.com IDE

• Create a new project
  • Include ‘reports’ or more specifically the report folders you are concerned with
  • Let Eclipse refresh the project with the reports metadata
  • In Eclipse, navigate to the reports folder you just download and then select the Report Folder you want the reports you want to move from, right click and select Properties
  • Take Note of the Location. This is the path where the metadata files are located
  • Open a windows explorer window and navigate to that path 
  • Highlight all the Reports you want to move and right click Cut
  • Still in the Window explorer navigate back to the list of report folder and expand the one you want to move the reports to and right click and Paste
  • Now back in the IDE highlight the folder titled Reports and right click and Refresh and then right click again and Force.com>Save to Server
  • BOOM! Now you have moved your reports.

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

HariPHariP
Can we move reports to different folder using Apex code?
Apex not saving, failing at the line where report.FolderName = 'new folder'; - "Field not writeable".

Any ideas please?

NITIN SEN 14NITIN SEN 14
I also faced same and didn't find anything which can help to move reports so i think its not possible