function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ollie123ollie123 

Project: Writing an S-Control

I need an experienced SF developer to create an S-Control for me that can be used to summarise information in child objects into fields in the parent. I believe it's possible to do this using JavaScript in an S-Control, which accesses SF via the API (I have Enterprise Edition). An example of what I mean using the standard objects is putting a Sum Total of the value of all the opportunities on an Account into a single field - i.e. a field on Account called "Opportunities Value Total". That's not a real scenario for us, but our scenarios are similar, just with custom objects.

So the deliverable is a pair of S-Controls that can do this, written in such a way that they can be reused for summarising different information in different objects (we'll be using it in 5-10 different places). The first S-Control simply copies a value from a field in the child (selected using a filter) into a field in the parent. The second control runs a Sum operation on a specific field on the children, and puts that sum value into the parent field.

Please reply to this post if interested or contact me direct.
MKPartners.comMKPartners.com
MK Partners has built many s-controls for this type of purpose.  We can write them to run automatically every time a record is viewed or when a button is pressed by the user.

Please give us a call to further discuss the specific requirements for these s-controls.

Matt Kaufman
MK Partners
(310) 652-0686
TCAdminTCAdmin
ollie123,

You may want to check out my application that I created.  It does about what you are looking for.  It can be found at https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a03300000032sA5AAI.  If you need it customized for your specifics then please let me know and I can help you out.
RRESRRES
Ollie,

Business Endurance Solutions specializes in s-control development. We have just completed two projects that are quite similar to the work you are requesting. Give me a call to discuss your project in greater detail.

Cheers,

Rich Resnick
Business Endurance Solutions
http://www.businessendurance.net
tel. 516-889-6166

autochicautochic

Hello!

Your account value link is great!  When calling up the Update Opp Values (s-control) we get an error saying that the API is not active - does this link only work in enterprise edition? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

TCAdminTCAdmin

Thank you AutoChic,

The scontrol utilizes the API so it isn't normally enabled on Professional Edition organization.  The Enterprise and Unlimited Editions get it enabled with their purchases.