function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_RJSFDC_RJ 

too many conatct on one account

Ours is Non profit organization where we use bucket model to handle individuals . For those who are not aware of it , under this model salesforce create one dummy account (individual) and if no org is provided it puts that contact under individual  . As a best practice no master should have more than 10k child records . It causes data skewing problem . 

I know one solution to it is create some more such dummy buckets and assign records to different  buckets . But how do I do that ? I have around million records . 

Any suggestions...

Thanks

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek
Have you thought about trying person accounts?

If that will not work, you'll have to run some sort of scheduled apex job that sorts the contacts and creates the various accounts as needed. Then move the contacts and associate them with the correct account. Its hard to come up with how this will look without knowing more about your org.
SFDC_RJSFDC_RJ

Thank you for the reply Jake. Is it possible like we create some dummy accounts manually and then may be run some scheduled apex and asssign them to accounts . I am not Apex expert though have some idea  . Could you elaborate on how to code that . Say I have some A,B, C, D accounnts . I want to assign a to A , b to B ....something like assignment rules I guess .

Thanks