function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
illahee lecturesillahee lectures 

Change formula to capture Person Account data

I have a custom object in Salesforce that tracks ticket purchases for our organization. Within the custom object, we have a formula set up for "Purchaser's Address" and "Purchaser's email". The formulas are as follows

Purchaser's Address: Contact__r.MailingStreet & BR() & Contact__r.MailingCity & ", " & Contact__r.MailingState & " " & Contact__r.MailingPostalCode

Purchaser's Email: Contact__r.Email

We recently changed over to Person accounts, but the formula is set up to capture Contact information, not person accounts. I'm not familiar with the necessary syntax, so I have been unable to get these two fields to function properly. If someone would help me with the text that needs to replace "Contact" in these formulas it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

First you need to have relationship with account then just edit your formula field and replace contact’s field with account’s fields using formula editor. If you want that address would be only from person account then you need to ensure that user must select person account using lookup (for that you can use lookup filter).

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

First you need to have relationship with account then just edit your formula field and replace contact’s field with account’s fields using formula editor. If you want that address would be only from person account then you need to ensure that user must select person account using lookup (for that you can use lookup filter).

This was selected as the best answer
GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

This is not possible in standard functionality. Vote for this Idea to get it fixed: https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000BqxaAAC&sort=2