function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Markb1000Markb1000 

Setting up email alert based on changed value in a date field

Help, I'm struggling to create a workflow that'll allow me to automatically email a group of users when a certain formula is shown to be TRUE. What I want to achieve is to alert a management group when a user moves an opportunity close date from THIS MONTH to any month after the current month (plus potentially quarter for a separate workflow). 

I have been trying to use a combination of ISCHANGED with ISPICKVAL & PRIORVALUE(Field name) but can't get it to work - I just get an error message. The latest version I tried which clearly is wrong was as follows:

AND(ISCHANGED(Close_Date), IsWon = FALSE, MONTH(PRIORVALUE(Close_Date))<MONTH(Close_Date))

Any help will be appreciated. We track the changing of key fields such as close date and other values.

Thanks

Mark

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GRStevenBrookesGRStevenBrookes

Have you tried:

AND(ISCHANGED(Close_Date), IsWon = FALSE, PRIORVALUE(MONTH(Close_Date))<MONTH(Close_Date))

All Answers

Have you tried:

AND(ISCHANGED(Close_Date), IsWon = FALSE, PRIORVALUE(MONTH(Close_Date))<MONTH(Close_Date))

This was selected as the best answer
Markb1000Markb1000

Thanks for the help. That formula is correct but I found the more basic mistake I was making! On the step before where you select when the rule will be run I'd selected the wrong criteria.

If you select "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria" it doesn't let you use formula criteria such as ISCHANGED, ISPICKVAL etc.

To make it work I had to select "Every time a record is created or edited"

It works now thanks to your formula and the correct criteria.

Mark

Brilliant - glad it worked.

If you could mark my answer as the correct one - this will help other users find the correct info, should they have a similar problem.

Steve