function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gvgv 

Trigger not firing??

Hi

In the opportunity object, I have a related list called Template. An template is passed to a database and converted to an Contract and sent back to salesforce. All the integration is done through informatica.

I have triggers on the Contract object both insert and update. So when the Contract is sent back  to  salesforce ideally the insert trigger should fire. But thats not happening.

But when I modify something on the Contract , the update trigger is getting triggered. Is the insert trigger is not firing because informatica integration is inserting the record?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

I recommend enabling Debug Logs for the integration user (username that the informatica integration uses) so when the integration runs, you can see if the trigger executes. Also, your System.debug messages will be outputted in the Debug Logs.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

I recommend enabling Debug Logs for the integration user (username that the informatica integration uses) so when the integration runs, you can see if the trigger executes. Also, your System.debug messages will be outputted in the Debug Logs.

This was selected as the best answer
gvgv

Thanks Albert for stating the obvious. All this while I was running the debug logs under my name but I din't realise it should have been under the integration user.

Thanks again for your quick answer.

Now the task lies in finding why the solution din't work and thats a different story 

cgb1800cgb1800

Hi -

We seem to be having a similar problem with SFDC Triggers not firing when loading or updating with Informatica, even though it works fine when using DataLoader or if you are in the SFDC interface.

Did you come up with a solution?

If so, would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.

gvgv

Hi,

Actually the triggers were working. But I was looking at the debug logs of my user name. I should have looked at the debug logs of the integration user name ie like informaticauser@test.com

hope that helps.

Thanks

cgb1800cgb1800

thanks.

i'm trying to do some leg work to help out the it team.  don't know informatica myself.  are there settings within informatica to get the SFDC functions like triggers to work.

they are working when using dataloader.

thanks again.

gvgv

I am not sure whether there are any fuctions in informatica to make SFDC triggers work. The issue I had was the triggers were working, but I was looking at the wrong user's debug log

Did you check if the triggers are calling the required method in the class . Try adding a couple of system.debug statements to see if its getting inside the method in the class.

sorry other than that I am not sure why the triggers would not fire