function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TinmanDCS2TinmanDCS2 

Eclipse...please speak english...

We cannot seem to get eclipse to connect to SFDC for saves. Anybody have any insight?

Error -

Unable to refresh resource.  SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: Unable to complete the creation of the query cursor at this time, please retry your query later

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
podgopapodgopa

I noticed the same problem.  The only difference is that I started getting this error after I uprated the Force.com IDE to the newer version (couple of weeks ago).  I wondered if you found solution to this problem.  

Eclispe 3.3.2

Force.com IDE plug-in Summer '09 (16.0.0) 

All Answers

BrianWKBrianWK

I was receiving this same Error on Tuesday 12/1 as well. But for me, I was trying to refresh my project. The project was created only a week before Dreamforce so it wasn't too out of date. Everytime I refreshed I got the same error you did. I checked password, check security tokens, checked that I could still access the instance throught the web, rebooted... Nothing was apparent.

Then I decided to create a brand new project linking to the same instance... and bam it worked fine for that project. Then I went and tried to refresh the other project that was giving me an error and -- bam that worked fine too!

No idea what's going on.

ZetaZeta
I had the same problem but now it seems fixed, do you still get that error ?
DavserDavser

I get the same message periodically. My guess is that SFDC servers are too busy at times, and this is their way of controlling that. Not a great sign, given the amount of people joining up and developing against those same servers.

Generally, if I keep trying to save/test/whatever it is I'm doing, eventually the request will go through.

CcroninCcronin

Yep we are getting it as well.....as with the other posts only noticed it recently..

Some times takes a few saves which is pretty annoying 

podgopapodgopa

I noticed the same problem.  The only difference is that I started getting this error after I uprated the Force.com IDE to the newer version (couple of weeks ago).  I wondered if you found solution to this problem.  

Eclispe 3.3.2

Force.com IDE plug-in Summer '09 (16.0.0) 

This was selected as the best answer
BWagsBWags

I know this thread is old but, I'm getting this error for the first time now.  I've been getting it all day now, which is really slowing down my development here.

I have no idea why it can't connect because I can connect to my dev instance fine in the browser.  I can also query it fine through Eclipse.  Anybody know what this error is all about?  I haven't made any changes to the IDE or anything else lately so I'm pretty sure it's nothing that I've done and I've tried saving about 50 times over the last couple hours and nada...