function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anirudhanirudh 

Can't able to see the Inbound change sets in production

Hello ,

I tried to push some objects and its fields from sandbox to production. But, after uploading the objects and thier dependent fields, the data has been uploaded successfully and i got mail from salesforce that, Your change set was uploaded successfully

Then when i look in to the production in Inbound Change Sets  there are no Change sets available for the deployment.

And i have pushed the data from sandbox many times, and every time i am getting the same problem as mentioned above.

So please anyone can help me or if any one faced the same problem. please let me know the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Anirudh.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'm pretty sure I saw something about this on trust.salesforce.com yesterday.  From memory it said that some change sets might take up to 48 hours to become available due to issues moving between instances.  This is only my recollection though - there's nothing about it on there now.

As a slight aside, we've found that change sets often become problematic around salesforce release windows.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'm pretty sure I saw something about this on trust.salesforce.com yesterday.  From memory it said that some change sets might take up to 48 hours to become available due to issues moving between instances.  This is only my recollection though - there's nothing about it on there now.

As a slight aside, we've found that change sets often become problematic around salesforce release windows.

This was selected as the best answer
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

So what finally the solution is??? Just wait and watch :P

Thanks
Ankit Arora

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

We usually switch to using the Force.com IDE for deployment if change sets are causing problems.  The downside is that you can't easily push the same updates out to more than one location (e.g. pre-prod sandbox and production).  I suspect its because the various instances have different "versions" of Salesforce due to the summer 11 rollout.

anirudhanirudh

Hello,

The Change sets which are uploaded yesterday from the Sandbox, had took time to be visible in the Inbound Change Sets of production, i think as said in above replies its due to the some problem while it takes up to 48 hours to become available due to issues moving between instances .

I have seen the all the Change sets today mornging and i have deployed all what i needed.

Thanks for your solutions and suggestions for the post.

Regards,

Anirudh.

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Hi Bob

Apologies for sending a reply to an old post...But I also noticed this in the past that there would be issues when Production and Sandbox were on different releases. Do you know if this is still an issue? My Sandbox has just gone to Spring '13, and Production is on Winter '13.

All the best!

Phil

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'd expect issues with that TBH, though I've found its not an exact science.  The last time that I tried this SFDC refused to install the change set in production as it was on an older version than the sandbox.  The error reporting had improved though, so at least I knew why!

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Thanks Keir

I will test it this week and post some info on the boards.

All the best!

Phil

m22baker-dfm22baker-df

I'm moving change sets between Spring '13 and Winter '13.  Today it has been particularly temperamental ranging from becoming visible and available within 30 seconds to not being visible for 3 hours.

Salesforce - please fix this or post a status somewhere?!  When we schedule releases, we'd like to know if we are actually going to be able to deploy.  At a minimum, automate an email when the change set is available to be deployed in the sandbox/production instance we are moving it to.

Matt Baker

Business Applications Manager

Demandforce (Intuit)

www.demandforce.com

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Just to let you know the outcome of my attempts yesterday...surprisingly they all went fine, and the change set installed fine into Production.

Although it may be because the change set contents were uploaded while both Orgs were on Winter '13 (even though the instal was while Prod was Winter '13, and Sandbox was Spring '13).

Matt, I also have often found delays in the Change set appearing in Production. I am not sure this is any better/worse during this release phase. Did the Change set eventually install, without errors?

Phil

GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

Same issue here, deploying from Summer '13 sandbox to Spring '13 production instance.