function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Proposal ButtonProposal Button 

Required field is missing: business process(Deployment error)

Hi All

i was trying to deploy the new code created as well as some changes made in the existing standard objects. I added new apex code,test class,VF page,Some standard objects and some new custom objects. When i am trying to deploy the code through force.com.IDE(Eclipse) this is the error it is throwing. Can you please help me out if you have any idea of this error. I attached the log for your reference

File Name:    objects/Opportunity.object   

Full Name:  Opportunity.Quotas   

Action:  NO ACTION   

Result:  FAILED   

Problem: Required field is missing: businessProcess

Starz26Starz26

are you deploying dependencies as well?

Sound like the field businessProcess does not exist on the org you are deploying to...

yes i am deploying field denpendencies as well...i just included the new objects, new code,vf page.

if the field business process doesn't exist to the production org then how can i ass the business process, Can you please give me some idea how to overcome this...

yes i am deploying field denpendencies as well...i just included the new objects, new code,vf page.

if the field business process doesn't exist to the production org then how come i add the business process. can you please give some idea...

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma
Hi, First deploy the required custom objects and fields accessed in code, followed by the codes.

Hi Rahul

As you said i tried to move only the custom objects and the standard objects where i added some fields. it throwed me the same error

Opportunity.Quota: Required field is missing business process.

i read an article about this kind of error but i didn't understood exactly how to implement the solution. Here is the same article about this error. Can you please let me know what exactly does it mean.

http://www.mreconsultancy.com/problem-required-field-is-missing-businessprocess

Bhargav SuryaprakashBhargav Suryaprakash
Hi,

I'm not aware if you ever resolved it, but since I just faced the same issue and found the answer on another link, I thought I'd share it here.

You can add business processes to a change set with this simple URL hack:

1) Go to a change set
2) Click Add
3) Append "&entityType=BusinessProcess" (without quotes) to the end of the URL
4) Press enter
RESULT: The Component Type picklist will say "BusinessProcess" and you will see a list of all your business processes. Simply select the process(es) you would like to add and click "Add to Change Set"

Solution credit should go to Victor Hansen.

Original link here (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gzOIAAY).
Emily Adamiec 9Emily Adamiec 9
Clicking View/Add Dependencies worked.  Also read the URL trick only works in classic.