function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
swamyswamy 

Eclipse

Hi,How to Create a records by Eclipse(IDE) in salesforce...........

i.e, iam creating a record in Eclipse than automatically ....thus record should created in my Salesforce ...how can i achieve this....

If anyone know's....reply me.....ASAP

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Presumably you hae installed the Eclipse Force.com plugin. Switch to the Force.com perspective after installing the Force.com plugin.Create a new Force.com project using the "New Project" wizard.

Then open the "Execute Anonymous" view, and then you can write your queries in the "Execute Anonymous" box.

Account acc = new Account(name = "Acme Inc");

insert acc;

Run this statement in the Execute Anonymous block, and the record will be inserted.

All Answers

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Presumably you hae installed the Eclipse Force.com plugin. Switch to the Force.com perspective after installing the Force.com plugin.Create a new Force.com project using the "New Project" wizard.

Then open the "Execute Anonymous" view, and then you can write your queries in the "Execute Anonymous" box.

Account acc = new Account(name = "Acme Inc");

insert acc;

Run this statement in the Execute Anonymous block, and the record will be inserted.

This was selected as the best answer
SRKSRK

Right Click on u Project > Force.com > 3rd option from top Execute Anonymous

type u code in excute apex code box

swamyswamy

Thanks,it's working......but i want some more logic...regarding...i want to update the record in Eclipse that will automatically reflected into Salesforce.....

not using by update or upsert  DML operations in Anonymous blog's....

is it possiable by any classes......or API's....

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hi Swamy,

So, you can write DML statement inside of a controller class, or a trigger, but the scope of that discussion is so big that we cannot fit it in here. It looks like you need to catch up on Force.com platform basics.

I suggest that you start looking at some of the Force.com workbook tutorials listed here.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_workbook

Then you can move on to the documentation for Apex and Visualforce.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Documentation

After referring to these 2 resources, if you any SPECIFIC issue or question, then you post a question in the forum.

Thanks,

Anup

SRKSRK

U can use Force.com Connect Offline  it give u a salesfroce desktop interface to work with salesforce

swamyswamy

Hi,As you gave the pdf's...those are good..but in that some inventory integration is there..in that final step am getting error..

i.e.,Client I.D Error.......invalid client i.d.......

it is the integration by java..

so,what can i do for this....