function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Henry AkpalaHenry Akpala 

KbManagement.PublishingService.publishArticle() & Database.Batchable Class = FATALERROR.

I have an issue with the v25.0 .  I am trying to test one of the new functionality that was release in v25.0. " KbManagement.PublishingService.publishArticle(KnowledgeArticleId, true)"

This is suppose to allow you programmatically publish an  KnowledgeArticle that is in draft status.  I wrote a simple class to test this functionality and it worked fine but I have about 120000 records to process to I figure I write a batchable class(seen below). 

// 

// (c) 2012 Appirio, Inc.

//

// Description: This class implements the batchable interface and is used to publish  KnowledgeArticles in draft Status  

//               

//

global with sharing class  PublishKnowledgeArticlesBatchClass implements Database.Batchable <sObject>{

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){

//String should be modifed depending on the number of records that the Publish Service can support

String query = 'SELECT Title, Id, KnowledgeArticleId, PublishStatus, VersionNumber '

+ ' FROM KnowledgeArticleVersion ' 

+  ' WHERE PublishStatus =\'Draft\' '

+ '  AND language =\'en_US\' AND LastModifiedDate =TODAY LIMIT 5';                    

return Database.getQueryLocator(query);

}

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> scope){

//Call the PublishService with the id of each KnowledgeArticleId

for(KnowledgeArticleVersion s : scope){

KbManagement.PublishingService.publishArticle(s.KnowledgeArticleId, true);

}      

}

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC){

}

}

However when i run the batch process, this is the response I get in the log.  

25.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO

09:50:00.144 (144586000)|EXECUTION_STARTED

09:50:00.144(144629000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED[EXTERNAL]|01pQ00000001y9b|PublishKnowledgeArticlesBatchClass

09:50:00.164 (164988000)|FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error

09:50:00.096 (165018000)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE

09:50:00.096|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

09:50:00.169 (169593000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|PublishKnowledgeArticlesBatchClass

09:50:00.169 (169604000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Please any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

-H

ZoomzoomZoomzoom

Everything looks OK to me.

Now, did you try running each method in anonymous apex instead of kick starting an apex job? You would have more information about where is the crash actually happening.

cashcash

Hello Henry,

Sorry, I cannot help you with your qustion, but you may be able help me with this simpler problem you seem to have solved already.

I am trying to publish & unpublish a single article via a apex webservice class, and have a test method. The 'test' goes through and succeeds but nothing happens. That is, the articles in question do NOT get published or unpublished. Any ideas? From your code it looks like you are doing the same thing really.

Here is my code. See any issues? Are the 'test' methods NOT supposed to make any changes to data or something, so it sets everything back to the original status before finishing? Thanks for any insights.

global Class webServiceKnowledge {

webService static Id unpublishArticle (String articleId) {
String idKav = kbManagement.PublishingService.editOnlineArticle (articleId,true) ;
return idKav ;
}

webService static void publishArticle (String articleId) {
KbManagement.PublishingService.publishArticle (articleId, true) ;
}

static testMethod void wskPublish () {
String knowledgeArticleId = '......' ;

String useId = knowledgeArticleId ;

system.debug(useId) ;
webServiceKnowledge.publishArticle(useId) ;
system.debug('Finished Publishing') ;
}

static testMethod void wskUnPublish () {
String knowledgeArticleId = '.....' ;

String useId = knowledgeArticleId ;

system.debug(useId) ;
String draftId = webServiceKnowledge.unpublishArticle(useId) ;
system.debug(draftId) ;
system.debug('Finished UnPublishing') ;
}

}

Default Workflow UserDefault Workflow User

Hey guys, did any of you managed to solve those issues and could share the solution? I am facing similar problems.

Thanks!