function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
csreddy7799csreddy7799 

How to edit Managed package release components

Hi,

I have created new release. When i clicke on Upload, new relase creation got failed because of trigger test methods. Those trigger are not related to package. How those triggers are included in new release?. Even objects which are not related to package also are included in new release. Now i want to reomove those un related components from new release. But i can't find any delete button to delete un related components.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If you have uploaded this as a managed package (not managed beta) you can't remove them through the UI.  I'd suggest you raise a case with Salesforce to see if they will remove them for you - there shouldn't be a problem with this as long as nobody has installed the package into their Salesforce instance, but I guess its up to the support team to decide if they will or not.

csreddy7799csreddy7799

Hi Bob,

I have tried to create new version, when i click on upload button , new version creation got failed because of components from another app. It was not successfully created . When i click on components in package, new componets related to another app also displaying in the list. How these components are added to new version automatically?

When i click on versions tab, newly created version is beeing displayed with status 'Upload Failed', on click of that version, its not displaying components instead it is displaying error message as ' Upload Failed '.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

A lot of stuff gets automatically pulled into a managed package when you upload it - generally speaking, once a component is in you are stuck with it.