function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amy B.ax1893Amy B.ax1893 

Apex Code for Non Standard Amount Field - How to Code to Account for Team Selling Pipeline Splits

We have sales reps that sell opportunities as teams. Today, the pipeline only rolls to one of these reps. The same holds true if a deal is won. 

My Org does not use the "in the box" amount revenue field for opportunities. Instead, we use a custom field that is a formula field which allows for several sources to determine the proper pricing (not just products).  

SFDC Premiere Support has advised the only way to achieve such split is (1) via Apex or (2) via an AppEx. I am looking for an example of such code to be able to share with my developer team. Does anyone have anything similar I could use an example? 

I really don't want to go to an AppEx partner if it is something we can code natively. 

thank you. 

Amy 

TheDoctorTheDoctor

Are you using Opportunity Splits? Winter '14 has just made Split amounts usable in Forecasting. Maybe this is something you could utilise??

See page 103 of the release notes: https://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_winter14_release_notes.pdf

Amy B.ax1893Amy B.ax1893
Hi, I wish I could but according to Premiere Support that feature is not available with custom amount fields. That feature is exactly what I am trying to do but with a custom revenue field.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and all copies from your computer.