function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MRwilson1980MRwilson1980 

Outlook Connector Error

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Outlook Connector seemingly randomly losing contact with SalesForce.com.  A user can be logged in and promoting emails and to SalesForce.com during the morning but when they go back to do more work after lunch they're unable to promote messages and receive an error stating "Failed to log in to SalesForce.com.  An error occurred while attempting to contact Salesforce.com" when testing authentication by clicking the "verify" button in Salesforce options.  I can then check our login history and there is no sign of that particular user trying to authenticate with salesforce.com for Outlook. 

The only thing that seems to resolve the issue is uninstalling the connector, deleting all salesforce folders from the local PC and deleteing any SalesForce.com registry entries.  This gets them back up and running again but the connecter will often fail again the next day.  We're using the latest version of the connector available.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ujjvalkoulujjvalkoul

I am getting teh same problem, randomly...Verification error, I am using same username/passwd that works logging in from the Website but fails from the Outlook Connector

Any clues would be appreciated.

All Answers

ujjvalkoulujjvalkoul

I am getting teh same problem, randomly...Verification error, I am using same username/passwd that works logging in from the Website but fails from the Outlook Connector

Any clues would be appreciated.

This was selected as the best answer
lrempellrempel

I had the same problem.  Here's how you fix it -

Log into salesforce.com, click on Setup - Personal Information - My Personal Information - Reset My Security Token.

Click "Reset Security Token".  This will send an email to your Outlook with a security token.

Copy the token from the email and in Outlook, click on Tools - Salesforce.com Options.

You need to add the security token to your password:

If your password is "mypassword"

Security Code is "XXXXXXXX"

Enter "mypasswordXXXXXXXX" into to password section.  Click "Verify" to doublecheck that it works, then click Ok.

It should work then, it did for me!

ujjvalkoulujjvalkoul

Thx, But I think I have screwed up it even more.

By mistake I removed the Salesforce Add-in to Outlook, now I go to OUtlook--> Tools-> Trust Center-> Add-ins

and try to enable the SF Add-i, I get error that this option can only be Connected or Disconnected by an Administrator, funny part is I (user)  am the administrator  on the Vista machine..

ANyone seen this..

ujjvalkoulujjvalkoul
uninstall and install SF connector for outlook fixed teh issue. I removed teh SF folde rin Prog Files as well
AlexKrenvalkAlexKrenvalk

I will say an interesting story. Once I had an unpleasant situation with my pst files. For luck I found out a good solution on my view - pst repair, which probably has enough capacities for deciding other conditions, for example such as this.

jgmjgm

thx guys! I had the same problem here.. all fixed!

BlueRalphBlueRalph

Thanks!  I had the same problem and the security token cure worked for me.

Support SumtotalSupport Sumtotal

Hi all,

We have recently started receiving the same issue with Outlook to SF Connector.

We are using Outlook 2007.

Following steps outlined in this discussion, we reset the security token and attempted to re-apply password and security token however still not having any luck.

Can you please help?

Regards,

Wayne